Gibson Brands Forums

Not so great jam sessions

cookieman15061

No joke.

When Lennon was on his so called lost weekend back 74 he was producing an album for Harry Nillsson called *****cats. One night after the session some remaining musicians (Lennon, Jesse Ed Davies, Nillsson) were joined by Stevie Wonder and Paul McCartney. Fueled by alcohol and cocaine this is the resulting jam session.

Wow, all that talent...and not one lick. Why would they even tape that? :-k

History baby. You gotta remember at that time all the public was clamoring for a Beatles reunion.

I'm sure engineers Jimmy Iovine and Roy Cicala were hoping to capture some old Beatles magic.

Only You can Prevent Bad Endings!

e_1_57.gif

The never-ending "Stand By Me" reminded me of a situation that happened to us a couple of years ago. Our lead vocalist & keyboard player decided to smoke a doobie before the last set; we started with "Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is" and after the first verse, they just kept repeating the chorus over & over for about forever... The rest of us tried to force them into the ending - to no avail - we finally just faded out! The worst part was - they thought it sounded great!

I have absolutely nothing against anyone smoking weed, but please..... never before or during a job! 4_2_200v.gif

Only You can Prevent Bad Endings!

e_1_57.gif

The never-ending "Stand By Me" reminded me of a situation that happened to us a couple of years ago. Our lead vocalist & keyboard player decided to smoke a doobie before the last set; we started with "Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is" and after the first verse, they just kept repeating the chorus over & over for about forever... The rest of us tried to force them into the ending - to no avail - we finally just faded out! The worst part was - they thought it sounded great!

I have absolutely nothing against anyone smoking weed, but please..... never before or during a job! 4_2_200v.gif

Hey brother I see your from PA. Where's Fairview?

Goes to show that some groups cannot be a group forever... The music will always last but their disband was a good thing. They would have been lost in the 70s. Bands like the Stones, Rush, and AC/DC can rock forever but even some of the most talented groups can't. The Beatles were one of those bands. Now, there are some groups (one of em' has a singer that is a host on a singing show...HINT HINT) that should stop trying to reinvent the past and throw in the towel. Well, it is too late now. Aerosmith was over in the early 80s. Even their post-reunion material such as the Pump album wasn't as good as old (I mean true) Aerosmith.

Archived