Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Jackson Browne Model

Pegleg

JP - I do not own an SJ200 - have only played on once, on the day I acquired my Jackson Browne Model 1. These two guitars are on different ends from each other on the tone bar. I traded off a very nice Martin HD 35, but I still have 2 Martin dreadnaughts in my stable. It wasn't hard for me to part with the 3rd one I had, rarely got played. The JB is a fun guitar, but it is much rounder and mellower in tone than your SJ200 me thinks. Just to be certain, please do yourself a big favor, and don't buy one of these sight unseen - play one before you sell your SJ200 - unless thats the one in your herd that rarely gets played. Don't get me wrong - the Jackson is a wonderful instrument, I just don't want to see you selling off, and then being dismayed at the difference.

JP - I do not own an SJ200 - have only played on once, on the day I acquired my Jackson Browne Model 1. These two guitars are on different ends from each other on the tone bar. I traded off a very nice Martin HD 35, but I still have 2 Martin dreadnaughts in my stable. It wasn't hard for me to part with the 3rd one I had, rarely got played.

what are the other two martins that you have kept ?

Dan ,

do you still have the Gerry Tolman ?

when were those produced ?

thanks

JC

Stlll have it. Sold my boat and bought this guitar in the summer of 2008. Limited edition of how many, I do not know. They were built in 2007. It is an instrument, like the Jackson Browne, that is way beyond what I deserve as a player.

Stlll have it. Sold my boat and bought this guitar in the summer of 2008. Limited edition of how many, I do not know. They were built in 2007. It is an instrument, like the Jackson Browne, that is way beyond what I deserve as a player.

If skill were a prerequisite for fine guitar ownership, I'd be playing a Squire.

DSC01334.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 7 years later...
On 4/19/2012 at 5:51 AM, duluthdan said:

I have a Martin D-42 and a JB A...two different guitars. Love them both but the JB A shakes up a room like a grand piano. Just a spendid instrument no problem with the 12th fret configuration. Get one if you can.