Gibson Brands Forums

Does LP Standard come with a cable?

dylanseeger

Hi,

I just received my new Epi Les Paul Standard. I just noticed that it did not come with a cable. Is this normal with the LP Standard? It came with my Junior... Weird.

Thanks!

Update: I just called up Musician's Friend (after seeing the "What Comes With an Epiphone Guitar" thread on this forum) and they are shipping a cable to me. I wonder why it wasn't in there, but oh well. The guitar is great.

I wish I knew that, when my Father bought his (which is now mine) he didn't get a cable. I wonder will they give me one if I go back to the store 8 years after with the original receipt. [biggrin]

Try it! I bet they'd think it's funny... Or they'd tell you to leave. It's probably not worth it!

It's a great guitar, isn't it?

I'm still trying to decide if I want to keep the pick guard on or not...

Try it! I bet they'd think it's funny... Or they'd tell you to leave. It's probably not worth it!

It's a great guitar, isn't it?

I'm still trying to decide if I want to keep the pick guard on or not...

I'm after giving them too much business for them to tell me to leave. [biggrin] I like Epiphone Standard a lot but I was spoiled last summer when I picked up a Gibson Les Paul Traditional... unplugged to me it was just another Les Paul that felt really good, plugged in it was the Les Paul sound I always heard in my head but couldn't find one that made that sound. I'm debating whether or not to either put P94s or 57 Classics in the Epiphone because I'm not a fan of the tone the stock pickups give me. I kept the pick guard on mine only because I don't like the look of the screw hole on the top.

Yes, they come with cables......They shouldn't......[flapper] [flapper] [flapper] ............

Ain't that the truth .... the one that came with mine was as thin as telephone cord, and stopped working within a very short time. Crappiest cable I've ever seen...

Archived