Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Trad Pro

Texasbluezman

I usually take heed to warning, but I opted to purchase a guitar on ebay. I was very reluctant in doing so, but MAN, I'm glad I did. I just got me Gibson Traditional Pro 50's neck in honeyburst. The Guitar Center exclusive one. This is an amazing guitar. Only played for about an hour last night, but I've instantly found a keeper. I couldn't have asked for a better seller, the best communication. I know this doesn't happen often, so I wanted to let everybody know that you can find great gear at great prices on ebay, without a fear of getting screwed. I couldn't get any good pics last night, so I'm using the sellers pics. Anyway, here she is:

lespaul2.jpg

lespaul1.jpg

lespaul5.jpg

Thats a beauty, Congratulations. Glad your ebay experience went well. I bought my SG on ebay, and it was not quite as good as your experience but turned out OK in the end. My point being that I know exactly how you felt while you were going through the process... hoping you weren't going to get ripped off. Anyway, that's a beautiful guitar. [thumbup]

Beautiful. If I bought a Trad Pro, that would be the one. I've been lucky and never had a problem buying off ebay. I always ask the seller a question and if I don't get an answer or don't like the answer, I don't bid.

Congrats! That's exactly like mine, except it looks like the previous owner installed pickup covers - the trad pro usually has the creme & black uncovered zebra pups. I've thought about doing that too, it's a good look.

I really like the myriad of tones you can get with the coil taps. My favorite rhythm sound is with the bridge pup untapped with the tone & the volume rolled back to 7 or 8, mixed with the neck pup split and wide open on the knobs.

Enjoy.

Congrats! That's exactly like mine, except it looks like the previous owner installed pickup covers - the trad pro usually has the creme & black uncovered zebra pups. I've thought about doing that too, it's a good look.

I really like the myriad of tones you can get with the coil taps. My favorite rhythm sound is with the bridge pup untapped with the tone & the volume rolled back to 7 or 8, mixed with the neck pup split and wide open on the knobs.

Enjoy.

I got the guitar with the pickup covers already installed. I like it better that way, makes it look more like a regular traditional. Kinda makes it a sleeper, then you hit 'em with some single coil sounds, and everyone's looking for another guitarist. [confused]

I haven't tried the combinations of using both pickups and splitting only 1 yet. I can't get over how good the '57 Classic sounds through my Fender Blues Deluxe! Just awesome!!! I wish I had something to record with, I just might have to do a video review and post it on youtube, if I get a chance. [thumbup]

Archived