Gibson Brands Forums

A Dilema

LPguitarman

I think this had been said a couple of times on this thread but.....

If something looks like it's too good to be true, it almost certainly is.

Shame your boys are disappointed but they need to learn that lesson. You get nice things in life by earning them. There's always a pay back somewhere.

Yep... Lesson learned.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your boys have a Dad that really cares for them.

This is the best birthday present they could possibly have and I am sure they appreciate you.

Take them out for a few beers, buy a CD or two. The fact that they want to spend time with you is worth more than any guitar money can by.

Well maybe except a real 59 Les Paul. :rolleyes:

Already tried that last night, they didn't like beer. Probably a good thing overall. CD's or rock T-Shirts to follow.

Thanks... [biggrin]

Glad it turned out positive.

Sadly, with large number of people in rough straits, con-men of this sort are out in force, promising lavish gifts. Even you, a wizened adult, hoped this was legit. Besides at 21 a slap on the back and a shared beer is good enough for dads and sons.

No need for retaliation, just un-friend 'her', the block any contact from 'her'. I firmly believe this 'her' has more than the usual and customary "Y" chromosomes for a female of our species.

The best defense against these kinds of trolls is to ignore them. You deprive them of what they crave; attention. Good or bad they live for the attention.

That's probably what I'll have them do. Why drag it out any further?

Thanks for the input.

Archived