Gibson Brands Forums

Sudden switch problem on lp

JohnnyRingo

I hope someone can tell me what would make the middle and rhythm positions suddenly stop switching correctly.When I switch,nothing changes.I can turn down the neck pu with volume knob in both positions.Seems there is no middle position now.Bridge is normal.There does not appear to be a loose connection.Any help would be great,thank's....Sorry my keypad is not typing good so kinda tough.

I hope someone can tell me what would make the middle and rhythm positions suddenly stop switching correctly.When I switch,nothing changes.I can turn down the neck pu with volume knob in both positions.Seems there is no middle position now.Bridge is normal.There does not appear to be a loose connection.Any help would be great,thank's....Sorry my keypad is not typing good so kinda tough.

The Toggle saddly won't last forever, as the toggle is just bending strips of metal and they will snap eventually.

I suggest opening the toggle cavity, unscrew the nut and take a closer look at it. it may not be the above but as you say a loose wire but you need to check first.

Worst case you have to replace it BUT Switchcraft ones are only £15 http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/product/SWITCHCRAFT_EXACT_REPLACEMENT_LP_TOGGLE_WDE7SW

Thank's,that is probably it.It was just put back together not long ago with new capacitors after a refinish job,but the guitar and parts are twenty years old so the switch is likely to be the culprit.I did not play it for a few years and I seem to remember now the switch got to be a little testy at times.I will double check everything to be safe.Thank's for the help.

Archived