Gibson Brands Forums

70's Boutique Fuzz Face Build

bluesguitar65

Ooops....... I did it again [flapper] [flapper] Yes, another pedal build this evening. Its a 70's fuzz face....I think its a clone of the fulltone 70s fuzz. Anyone confirm this? It sounds great...but waiting for a pair of 108 and 109s. I have a mystery transistor at Q1, with hFE 49 and a 2n222 at Q2 with hFE 151.

img0710ht.jpg

By bluesguitar65 at 2012-06-19

img0712iy.jpg

img0714dl.jpg

Nice looking build there holmes. The little black "button" transistor looks like the kind used in a lot of old EHX pedals. I've seen them for sale at smallbear but I forgot the part number. Could just be a different transistor in the same package though.

I've got some 2N2222A as well. Gotta do something with em..

Great paint job too! I wanna hear some clips of some of your fuzz builds!

Nice looking build there holmes. The little black "button" transistor looks like the kind used in a lot of old EHX pedals. I've seen them for sale at smallbear but I forgot the part number. Could just be a different transistor in the same package though.

I've got some 2N2222A as well. Gotta do something with em..

Great paint job too! I wanna hear some clips of some of your fuzz builds!

Thanks Dubs [thumbup] These trans are only temps until I get my italian BC108s and BC109s from small bear. Yes, I got those black button trans from small bear, http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=1205

I will do a demo the fuzz pedals I've built so far....stay tune.

[thumbup] Looks great. Nice use of the styrofoam peanut too! [thumbup]

You gotta order some cool knobs though. That gold hammered would look sick with these Marshall style from Mammoth...

http://www.mammothelectronics.com/4SKMARGL-p/700-2300.htm

LOL!!! I found that using the styrofoam peanut helps getting that brown tone.... [flapper]

Yea, those Marshall knobs would look sick with this pedal. Thanks surfpup [thumbup]

Archived