Gibson Brands Forums

Second Video

BluesKing777

Nice tones. Most excellent.

Thanks GDC!

I recorded through my Pod Hd to my iMac in my 'music room' and forgot to make it mono - then the track came out on the left - when I mixed it, I made it mono - then when placed on the video, I could hear the waves and wind in stereo around the guitar sound in the middle......I may have to try that with some other videos - not sure what just yet.

Amazing how this huge tone thing in music room monitors at home that shakes the room turns into a wretched, skinny little thing that is hardly recognizable on YouTube......my broadband currently won't even let the video keep running in HD.

BluesKing777.

Another thing...

I was reading the 'stats' on my Youtube videos just then and they can give you a rough list of the demographics of people watching them.

Amongst other juicy items, mine has a pie chart that shows 98% of my 'viewing audience' to be Male (Gibson Forum mostly).

2% Female ????

Well, thanks for watching, guys, but really, it is probably not what I hoped for when I took up guitar - it was inferred at the time that guitar players got all the girls!

Perhaps I better re-evaluate and start posting my stuff on the Taylor Forum? (Kidding!!!)

Another strange thing with Youtube videos - one time when I couldn't get into Youtube, I googled my video and was surprised to see it listed on a Russian site and also a Chinese site - neither sites to do with YouTube. My videos have been pirated! Who knew?

BluesKing777.

Well, BK, since you have spun your video on the Gibson Forum, it totally makes sense, since most of the participants ARE male. We used to have some female members participate, but I think we have scared them off with our adolescent ways and political 'snits'..... [scared]

I know that my wife can,t stand any 'political intercourse'....or any 'sexual' either....... [lol]

But if it matters at all.....That wasn't "***** getting" music..... [lol]

Don,t take it to the Taylor Forum....You will attract 'metrosexuals'.....!!!

Well, BK, since you have spun your video on the Gibson Forum, it totally makes sense, since most of the participants ARE male. We used to have some female members participate, but I think we have scared them off with our adolescent ways and political 'snits'..... [scared]

I know that my wife can,t stand any 'political intercourse'....or any 'sexual' either....... [lol]

But if it matters at all.....That wasn't "***** getting" music..... [lol]

Yes, correct, Rod!

A local(ish) music shop tried to attract a few more females to buy/take up guitar by employing a few woman salespeople, instead thay got all the sleazy male guitarists coming in just to hang around and ogle! (And possibly scare off any new female buyers?)

I guess the Gibson sales stats would probably show more like 99.999% Male buyers.....

(I have hijacked my own thread, but nobody was watching it much anyway).

And Rod, I don't think Taylor Forum would show much interest either!

BluesKing777.

I meant to ask you, Retro, about the sound of your Gibson CF100e plugged in as compared to your Gibson ES125 - a dangerous question because it appears I could buy 2 or 3 ES125s for the current value of the CF....??? Is it really the same P90 in both even though it looks like a different pickup cover? And is the top of your CF sitka or ply? I suppose I am asking the other dangerous question of how I would sound on a CF100e as compared to the above recording on ES125....here we go down the road again - I do love my LGs....

Thanks

BluesKing777.

Archived