Gibson Brands Forums

New Amplifier Day.

slavestate

Hello there,

I just found a little sibling to my ACC G100T half stack. It's a 1981 ACC model 109 G60-112. This particular combo is a great little solid state amplifier with 60 watts of power. It drives an Eminence 8 Ohm 100 watt speaker nicely with plenty of headroom. It is a single channel amp with high and low inputs, extension speaker output, pre-amp out, a reverb and channel selector foot switch jack. I ran my pedal board through it and it delivered just as the G100T does.

Compared to the 50/100 watt G100T tube version, this G60-112's distortion is quite similar in dynamics considering it is solid state. I was looking for a little amp to play through for writing songs and just farting around on, and I couldn't be happier!

These late 70's and early 80's ACC amps are really something incredible.

Here's what it looks like:

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

Happy searching!

Congrats-What a cool little amp,I almost bought an Acoustic amp back in the mid 70s but didn't get it because it played too clean-which didn't fit into the music we were doing at the time.Acoustic amps,because of their cleanness makes them very suitable for recording clean passages and acoustic/electric instruments they would be perfect amps for doing song writing with or for ampilfying keyboards.You have an incredible little amp-enjoy.

Cool amps man. I am intrigued. I've always thought that Acoustic used the sky blue and black color scheme with their stuff. I didn't know they made anything like what you have. Are those earlier or later models?

Cool amps man. I am intrigued. I've always thought that Acoustic used the sky blue and black color scheme with their stuff. I didn't know they made anything like what you have. Are those earlier or later models?

These amps are the last generation of produced Acoustic Control Corporation products before ACC sold their company to Wagner in '83. The "Brown Tolex" series were manufactured between 1978-1983. The first generation of this series was from '78-80, while the second was from '81-83. Both of my amplifiers are from the second generation of the Brown Tolex series. The different generations can be seen in the overall design of the circuits as well as some specific ascetics. I haven't had the privilege to put a 165 next to my G100T, so I don't know if they sound exactly alike, however I'm sure they equally sound great!

I had seen photos of these amplifiers but never had the opportunity to play through them. I was always into ACC because they typically were inexpensive and built like tanks. After playing a bunch of their gear I started looking for their tube version amplifiers and eventually with some diligence found a matching half stack.

I have only really owned amplifiers from the First and Third generation of ACC, however I have owned speaker cabinets from all three. Each generation has some subtle differences that make searching them out worth while.

Best of luck in your searches.

Also, there is a great ACC forum that you can check out too.

Archived