Gibson Brands Forums

Ampeg SVT-410HE Bass Cab?

MrNylon

I have the SVT-410HLF and love it. It will handle anything you put through it, and puts out great tight low end. The SVT-410HE is a bit smaller and a few pounds lighter, but doesn't have the ports that the HLF has or the dolly-like wheels & handle. I looked at one at Guitar Center, and it's actually less money than the HE. If you're looking for a new one, I'd go for the HLF; If you've found a used HE at a good price, I'm sure it would be a good cab. I've never owned an Ampeg cab I didn't like. On the other hand, check out the Baer cab that Bassilisk posted a few days back - now that looks very interesting....... If he's happy with it, it has to be good! http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/88820-took-the-triumph-out-for-a-spin/

4_17_206.gif

I looked at the SVT-410HLF. A real Ampeg there. Problem is the SVT-410HLF is a 4 ohm, I'm using an 8 ohm head. That's one thing that is steering me to SVT-410HE, an 8 ohm cab.

I looked at the SVT-410HLF. A real Ampeg there. Problem is the SVT-410HLF is a 4 ohm, I'm using an 8 ohm head. That's one thing that is steering me to SVT-410HE, an 8 ohm cab.

The Baer cab is 8 ohms - you might want to take a look.

The Baer cab is 8 ohms - you might want to take a look.

The Baer is a great cabinet, no doubt, but it's not going to move the same air as a 410. This is why I'm still keeping the 212. When I get outdoors I need some headroom in the box because we're using stage volume only. Yes, the Baer is surprisingly capable at 300 watts, but ultimately you don't want to push it as hard as you can push a multi-speaker cabinet.

Now if I added another one - THAT would definitely cover it.

The Baer is a great cabinet, no doubt, but it's not going to move the same air as a 410. This is why I'm still keeping the 212. When I get outdoors I need some headroom in the box because we're using stage volume only. Yes, the Baer is surprisingly capable at 300 watts, but ultimately you don't want to push it as hard as you can push a multi-speaker cabinet.

Now if I added another one - THAT would definitely cover it.

Looks like another one will be there soon.........B)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if any one has, or had any experience with an Ampeg SVT-410HE Bass Cab. Thanks guys. Happy July, already. :rolleyes:

I used one for a couple of years with a SVT Classic and 70's V-4 and it was great. Pushed a lot of air but never got flubby. Gave it to a friend when I got a 70s Ampeg 8x10, and regretted it after about 6 months of having to haul "the fridge" around.

Thanks for the heads up on the Ampeg. I've been working with the Acoustic B410. So far it's been doing better than I anticipated. I will definitely keep the Ampeg in mind if I change cabs though.

• 1 month later...

I have the SVT-410HLF and love it. It will handle anything you put through it, and puts out great tight low end. The SVT-410HE is a bit smaller and a few pounds lighter, but doesn't have the ports that the HLF has or the dolly-like wheels & handle. I looked at one at Guitar Center, and it's actually less money than the HE. If you're looking for a new one, I'd go for the HLF; If you've found a used HE at a good price, I'm sure it would be a good cab. I've never owned an Ampeg cab I didn't like. On the other hand, check out the Baer cab that Bassilisk posted a few days back - now that looks very interesting....... If he's happy with it, it has to be good! http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/88820-took-the-triumph-out-for-a-spin/

4_17_206.gif

Thanks for the heads up on the SVT-410HLF.

I'm going for the Ampeg SVT-410HLF. I played my Am. Std. Jazz through one the other day. It was an Ampeg 1969 sound, incredible. The 4 ohm issue is no problem. My Hartke LH500 head is 500 watts, 350 watts @ 8 ohms. If only one cab out is used to plug into one 4 ohm cab, the LH500 goes to 500 watts @ 4 ohms. As long as I don't have two 4 ohm cabs, just the SVT-410HLF running, I'm ok, and have 500 watts.

Thanks for the heads up on the SVT-410HLF.

I'm going for the Ampeg SVT-410HLF. I played my Am. Std. Jazz through one the other day. It was an Ampeg 1969 sound, incredible. The 4 ohm issue is no problem. My Hartke LH500 head is 500 watts, 350 watts @ 8 ohms. If only one cab out is used to plug into one 4 ohm cab, the LH500 goes to 500 watts @ 4 ohms. As long as I don't have two 4 ohm cabs, just the SVT-410HLF running, I'm ok, and have 500 watts.

It's a great cab..... Enjoy![thumbup]

It's a great cab..... Enjoy![thumbup]

Wellllll, you were so right about the SVT410HLF cab. The GK 700RB-ll, and the Ampeg SVT410HLF, is a Monster. I had one follow me home this Monday afternoon. Thanks again. [thumbup][biggrin]=D>

Nice rig. I've been using a first generation GK800RB for some years now and it's a great amp. I'm a big fan of GK.

The cabinet looks serious.

I hope all your gigs above the first floor have an elevator. [wink]

Thank you, Someone else told me he uses a GK800RB, and likes his a lot also. I really do believe I made a very good choice about The GK700RB-ll head. And yes, the SVT-410HLF is a killer cab. But, what were you saying about...... OH Geeeeezzzzzzz! I never thought about going up with it above ground levels! 4_14_6.gif

Just kidding. It is 85 pounds, but I've got tit covered, thanks. 4_17_206.gif

• 2 weeks later...

This amp set up is the first amp I played through for quite awhile, that I've been able to cut back a bit on the Bass settings, and go a bit brighter on the Treble, Mid Highs, Mid Lows, and the HF Horn. Great sounds.

• 1 month later...

Archived