Gibson Brands Forums

The wall concert

fl00dsm0k3

i saw it in 2010 American Airlines Cntr Dallas Texas. Drove 3 hours there and drove back to Austin for work next day. INCREDIBLE SHOW!

to have that many people on their feet & cheering for the solo during comfortably numb is a life changing experience.

Then I saw the show in Austin TX just a couple months ago.

Both times excellent. Excellent!!!!!

I have to say. It's nice to see so many positive comments on a concert. The last few I've been to have been dire.

ie, Journey. The sound was dreadful. Earth/wind/fire. Shocking. narcissism at it's worst.

Rufus Wainwright. Boring. I expected a band. It was just him on the piano. I took my son and he went to sleep.

Surprising to hear that lashurst, I've always liked EW&F and figured they'd put on good shows judging from the live vids I've seen. Journey too, guess they need to hire a better sound guy. The sound quality for Roger Waters was unbelievably clear and precise, very loud and in-your-face without being overwhelming. It was comparatively better than the sound when I saw Paul McCartney back in 2005, then again the RW crew has NASA mission control rather than a standard live setup:

IMG_0906.jpg

fl00dsm0k3 I'm assuming your show was a giant fishbowl as well? Thought it was funny that the second they announced "Good evening.." half the audience became and continued to be a fog machine [lol]. Amusing to watch the four 55-year-olds a few rows down in the pot leaf bowling shirts try to relive the 70's, flailing around, standing on their seats and singing and almost getting removed by a half-caring cop.

Archived