Gibson Brands Forums

J45 Spotted? Elvis Costello, Austin City Limits

lblack

On the July 7 Austin City Limits program on PBS, Elvis Costello in the second song looks to be playing a J45. It has the head stock banner 'Only A Gibson Is Good Enough'. Is that a J45 True Vintage? If so then the pickup was added. I have been debating whether to have a LR Baggs pickup added to my J45 TV, but I do not want to have unnecessary modifications made. What do you recommend for a pickup to be installed into a J45 TV? I also found a video from 2009 where Elvis Costello was on the Colbert show, apparently with that same J45 he played on Austin City Limits. I wonder what pickup he has in his J45.

In other threads, the J45 pick guard has been discussed. Mr. Costello seems to be fine with the pick guard in the factory position, with the pick guard covering part of the rosette.

Yeps, the one you talk about looks like a TV 45. I have the feeling E. Costello. may have a broad collection.

Once read him say : The only things I really felt like investing in is guitars.

This Legend I posted before, but it can take a rerun. Could be his, , , could be something he picked and just tried somewhere. Doesn't matter so much right now.

It's a darker than dark burst yes, , , ,

but doesn't it suit the minstrel. . . . Costellowithextraordinaryburst.jpg

Archived