Gibson Brands Forums

Contact Cement?

J.R.M.30!

The other day a friend of mine said that a little rubber stopper on his wah pedal fell off. It looks like the thing was glued on to a chrome platform. I was wondering if contact cement would work in putting the little thingy back on the downside of the moving lever. Any thoughts and suggestions are welcomed. :-k

The other day a friend of mine said that a little rubber stopper on his wah pedal fell off. It looks like the thing was glued on to a chrome platform. I was wondering if contact cement would work in putting the little thingy back on the downside of the moving lever. Any thoughts and suggestions are welcomed. :-k

Contact cement is pretty durable stuff, if you apply it correctly. Be advised that once the the two pieces have been properly cemented, they will immediately bond themselves together with no opportunity to move the rubber stopper into a different alignment.

Chromium plating looks pretty and is a very slick material to which not much likes to stick to. Therefore, it's usage. As such, this may make for a less than ideal bond, but I'd say Contact Cement is your best choice.

Archived