Gibson Brands Forums

r8 figured?

NiceGuyEddie

Hello gents...I am getting a 2012 r8...the coa reads LPR8F. It is lemonburst and just under 9 pounds. This wouldnt be the figured chambered model would it? I thought there were plaintops both gloss and vos and the chambered models were flamed. the flamed chambered models I have seen advertise about 7 plus pounds. Any body know what the story is with what i am getting here? Is gibson just doing the gibson thing here with no rhyme or reason. P.s the figuring is very subtle and looks plain mostly. thanks!

Hello gents...I am getting a 2012 r8...the coa reads LPR8F. It is lemonburst and just under 9 pounds. This wouldnt be the figured chambered model would it? I thought there were plaintops both gloss and vos and the chambered models were flamed. the flamed chambered models I have seen advertise about 7 plus pounds. Any body know what the story is with what i am getting here? Is gibson just doing the gibson thing here with no rhyme or reason. P.s the figuring is very subtle and looks plain mostly. thanks!

Not chambered, that's a CR8.

F = Figured

I have had many chambered reissues (CRs) that had the coa reads LPR8. Check the serial number on the guitar not the coa. Some of those flame tops and lightly flamed tops are awesome. Most likely that just under 9lbs would not be chambered.

I don't recall seeing a serial number on the headstock start with just an "R". All the chambered reissues are "CRxxxxx" and the Custom shop models are "CSxxxxx". The R8's normally begin with "8x xxx". i would love to see some photos of the guitar and the serial number. It could be a special run that they used just a single "R" in the serial number. Might be a poorly stamped CR or maybe its a 9 that looks like an R. I would like to see photos.

My mistake its starts with an 8 not an r..I have r on the brain! I just got it and it is sensational. Sounds amazing and sounds fantastic. I have 2 r8's and they sound better than my r9! Unbelievable. I played another r9 a few months ago and both these 58's blew that one away too. the pickups sound like they are wound differently on the 58's, actually a little hotter.

My mistake its starts with an 8 not an r..I have r on the brain! I just got it and it is sensational. Sounds amazing and sounds fantastic. I have 2 r8's and they sound better than my r9! Unbelievable. I played another r9 a few months ago and both these 58's blew that one away too. the pickups sound like they are wound differently on the 58's, actually a little hotter.

Congratulations! R8's are awesome guitars! It would be great if you could post some pics

Archived