Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Les Paul Jam Video

JamGuy

Man oh man, I caught an earful the other day posting a "blues" video in the Gibson Forum... it may not have been "blues" but someone commented that my L6-S wasn't in fact an L6-S... [confused] Anyhow, I'm hoping to find a friendlier reception here today... I assure you, it's really an Epiphone Les Paul... and this one is certainly not the blues. [biggrin]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1HfpVuXktU&list=UUCuXNTsKsf79nbKc7gEZFJg&index=1&feature=plcp

Wow, I really enjoyed that! [thumbup]

And I agree, you sound a lot like Garcia.

As I sat there listening, and getting in to it, I kept thinking it sounds like something I've heard before. Like something I just recently heard.

Well, lately I've been listening to a bunch of old Dead concert tapes I have. And then it hit me (before I saw Damian's comment), "that sounds like a live Grateful Dead show". Just need the drums and bass and keys. You also look a little like Jerry; with the beard and glasses. [flapper]

And BTW, in my book that was BLUES. Keep jammin' JamGuy! [biggrin]

... I assure you, it's really an Epiphone Les Paul... and this one is certainly not the blues. [biggrin]

Sounds great! But I'm pretty sure that isnt an Epiphone you are playing. [tongue] Though I did notice that nice little Epiphone G-400 in the background. [thumbup]

Thanks folks... yeah, I'm a Dead junkie for sure and it's hard not to get soundin' like Jerry. I thought the same thing (that it sounded familiar) when I was jamming on it but couldn't put my finger on it right then... it sounds a bit like some Iron & Wine tune to me now, though I wasn't trying to cop it. There's a reverb swell effect I was using on the Line 6 M5 that makes this airy swirly sound, maybe it's that?

Yeah, I was looking a little too much like Jerry, the little lady asked me to shave, and well... there you have it, 10 years younger just like :rolleyes:

Archived