Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson-Flatiron Warranty work?

Hi, I'm new here and I was wondering if anyone knows (or had any experience with this) If Gibson will honor the Lifetime warranty on Flatiron instruments from the late 80's? I have a Flatiron Mandola (no truss rod) that needs the neck to be worked. I am the original owner, have all my paper work, etc. Any thoughts, Ideas, suggestions would be appreciated..Thanks!

Jeff

Hi, I'm new here and I was wondering if anyone knows (or had any experience with this) If Gibson will honor the Lifetime warranty on Flatiron instruments from the late 80's? I have a Flatiron Mandola (no truss rod) that needs the neck to be worked. I am the original owner, have all my paper work, etc. Any thoughts, Ideas, suggestions would be appreciated..Thanks!

Jeff

The only definitive answer will come from Gibson Customer Service, so I'd ask them.

Jeff

Good question! I would guess that they're not under any legal obligation to -- I'm sure the Flatiron division was a separate legal entity from the old Flatiron corporation -- but they might, just to be nice.

-- Bob

Normally, a division is not a separate legal entity. Its financials flow into the consolidated financials of the corporation. Buick, for example, is not a separate legal entity fom GM. Sue Buick and you "pierce the corporate veil" and sue General Motors--at least you did before it became, in substance, a government entity. So...maybe there's hope, though I agree with Bob that I doubt they will be inclined to honor it.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions.

I contacted Gibson a couple days ago,(email) with the warranty question. Waiting to hear back.

Jeff

Good Luck with your quest.. But I dont think you will like the answer..

Archived