Gibson Brands Forums

Phil X

heymisterk

Frankly I think Phil is genuinely crazy in a good kind of way,

Back in the day (and to this day) anybody would guess that Ted Nugent was on drugs but that's not the case. Phil reminds me of that kind of energy that Ted has.

Frankly I think Phil is genuinely crazy in a good kind of way,

Back in the day (and to this day) anybody would guess that Ted Nugent was on drugs but that's not the case. Phil reminds me of that kind of energy that Ted has.

In the latest FA guitar demo (The "Phil X Mosrite Special Part II"), he did a little Wango Tango! Only I can actually respect Phil! (don't get me wrong, I love a lot of Uncle Ted's music, but I have low respect levels for him. Actually, if any musicain brings politics to the stage, they'll lose some of my respect).

In the comments on one video, someone that he knows well posted that he drinks around 5 cups of Greek coffee a day....Greek coffee is really strong stuff....

In case nobody knows, he is Greek-Canadian. His real last name is Xendis (or something like that...).

Thanks for the info-I didn't know that Phil was a fellow Canuck.I've been listening to him for several years now and I'm time and time again blown away by his command of the fretboard.He can play in any scale at all and in any key with no trouble changing from one to another.He also has an encyclopedic knowledge of guitars,amps,effects and gear and all their technical specs.I forget the name of his band but his wife fronts it and has an absolutely dynamite voice and looks to go with it-she's an incredible beauty too.

Thanks for the info-I didn't know that Phil was a fellow Canuck.I've been listening to him for several years now and I'm time and time again blown away by his command of the fretboard.He can play in any scale at all and in any key with no trouble changing from one to another.He also has an encyclopedic knowledge of guitars,amps,effects and gear and all their technical specs.I forget the name of his band but his wife fronts it and has an absolutely dynamite voice and looks to go with it-she's an incredible beauty too.

The band with his wife is Powder. His own 3 piece band that he fronts is The Drills.

The band with his wife is Powder. His own 3 piece band that he fronts is The Drills.

Powder actually broke up a couple years ago! His main priorities nowadays are The Drills (including the tour with Rob Chappers) and the Fretted Americana videos. He doesn't seem to do as many sessions as he used to, but he's still a session player by trade! I also heard that he and Billy Sheehan (bass player for Mr. Big, David Lee Roth, Steve Vai, and U.F.O.) were forming some sort of cover band. I'd love that!

That's actually one of Phil's many strengths as a musician: He knows lots of riffs and songs. There's a lot of players out there that are very talented, but they don't have that strength (George Lynch being one of them...).

I can't say that I am a huge Powder fan, but I support The Drills with a passion!

Archived