Gibson Brands Forums

Does the bridge look normal

djmille

I can't figure out why this bridge adjusting nut looks completely off- center to the bridge post on the upper side of bridge. Most other pics of Les Paul custom bridges have a finger nut that looks dead center. Any ideas what might be the cause, or if this is normal in certain cases?

thanks

post-46908-055951000 1348121967_thumb.jpg

I can't figure out why this bridge adjusting nut looks completely off- center to the bridge post on the upper side of bridge. Most other pics of Les Paul custom bridges have a finger nut that looks dead center. Any ideas what might be the cause, or if this is normal in certain cases?

thanks

I once had an '82 LP Custom and its bridge had three spots where it could sit on the bridge posts --- I assume for giving extra intonation range.

It's hard to describe --- if you looked underneath the bridge, instead of just one hole for it to sit on the bridge post dead centre there were three options --- centre (like normal), more forward or further back.

I have to assume the bridge seen in this example might be the same. I tried to find an image online but wasn't successful.

Every Les Paul that I'm interested in seems to have an issue. This is one of Goldburst customs on ebay. It's an 82, so it would match cdntac's explanation, however, it concerns me enough to stay away. Even though the ad says 100% original. There could have been a production run where they used some substitute bridge with multiple pole cavities. You guys have been great with your information; thanks.

Archived