Gibson Brands Forums

J-45 2010 Current bid $610.00 USD

ol fred

Looks like that guitar is located in Arizona. I like J-45s...someday I'll get one.

Looks a lot like mine (also a 2010). I expect it will go up a good bit before the auction ends, but needless to say that would be quite a deal at the current bid level.

Bids five days out mean absolutely nothing. I decide on the maximum I am willing to pay, and don't bid until the last 20 seconds or so. If I get it for less than that (like I did with my SJ recently), it's a bonus. If I get outbid, that's OK, since I've already set the maximum I'm willing to pay.

I've been outbid a few times--sometimes not by much--but I'm content to lose a guitar that goes over my maximum price. Some days you win, some days you lose. You have to be willing to lose, sometimes by only a few bucks.

Yes, I would think that the bid will continue to rise on this.

Personally I do not bid on items when the seller feedback score is 0 . I know that a member has to start somewhere, but I try not to be the first fish. eBay can be a crap shoot at times but why join a table that is using loaded dice. (I know...my language doesn't give away where I live) ;)

Yes, I would think that the bid will continue to rise on this.

Personally I do not bid on items when the seller feedback score is 0 . I know that a member has to start somewhere, but I try not to be the first fish. eBay can be a crap shoot at times but why join a table that is using loaded dice. (I know...my language doesn't give away where I live) ;)

That's probably a wise move and many people follow that line of thinking. With folks with zero feedback selling an item of interest, I have emailed them asking questions about the item. I base an opinion of their honesty based upon their replies. While it is, indeed, a crap shoot, there are some great deals to be had if you do a little homework and are good at reading a seller's character (and are a little lucky!)

MJ

Archived