Gibson Brands Forums

First Time Gibson Owner

albertjohn

Hello everyone. I have very recently acquired my first Gibson - a Songwriter Deluxe - and now I know what all the Gibson fuss is all about. Chose it after trying a Hummingbird at the same time and with someone infinitely better than me playing it as well. The SWD won hands down and appears to be somewhat underrated. Used it live for the first time at the weekend and the tone was wondferful. I'm going to sell some other guitars to fund the purchase of another Gibson. Anyway, just wanted to say Hi and looking forward to my next purchase - in another 40 years?

I also purchased my first Gibson a few months ago and like you it is a SWD. I was trying to decide between a J45, a Guild D55, and the SWD. For me, the SWD was awesome. I love it and because of that, I am playing and practicing more than I used to.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read my post and reply. I must say this forum is very good indeed and I'm very proud to be a member. Owning a Gibson has been a very long held ambition of mine and thanks to a refund I'm due from Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, I shall almost certainly be getting another one - probably an ES 335. Amongst my other guitars is a Yamaha FG432, Tak EG523SC and an Epi SST Studio. I bought the SST for gigging and used it once - fabulous guitar which sustains for England - but now I have the SWD it won't get a look in. Check eBay in UK soon if anyone wants a real bargain. My only other US guitar is a Highway1 strat which I love but play virtually all acoustic these days, so it's rarely used.

Cheers everyone.

Archived