Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Namvet

Congrats on your new Martin,that's one brand of guitar I don't have,yet I've always wanted one.Martins have such a fabulous sound and feel that once you pick onne up you don't want to put it down.Enjoy!

Superb looking guitar...!!

Good to see a 'Martin post' to counter all the Gibson fanatics who post here (for some unknown reason :blink:)

Martin have a long illustrious history in guitars...I believe the longest established big name luthier

Many top names use them to great effect

I can only manage a 'Backpacker'

But that IMO is a work of 'small genius'

V

:-({|=

Congrats. . B)

We recently had a thread on X series Martins. How do you like the HPL back and sides?

I read the thread a few days ago. My guitar is very eye appealing. The Java mahogany HPL has a wavy finish that reminds me of curly maple yet maintains the warm sound of a mahogaqny body. The top is solid sitka spruce (I looked up the specs)and the fretboard and bridge piece are a wood called Mercado, a tight grained hardwood which is called Brazilian rosewood though its not actually rosewood. It is very smooth, dark like ebony and from what I read, falls between ebony and rosewood, probably similar to the baked maple used by gibson. The neck has a really nice grain. Thus far, I like it alot but I think I will try different strings.

Archived