Gibson Brands Forums

Help for Brige

Epic

Hello, i have an Epiphone made in Korea Aug 1999 (2499) am searching bridge and nut for this epiphone, where can i get the Bridge and nut? help pls..i found lots of bridge and nut on the net but am not sure if they are going to fit on my guitar...

HI, and welcome to the forum.

You forgot to state one really important piece of information. What kind of Epiphone is it?

Can't help you if we don't know the model. Especially the bridge. :-k

HI, and welcome to the forum.

You forgot to state one really important piece of information. What kind of Epiphone is it?

Can't help you if we don't know the model. Especially the bridge. :-k

Hello thanks for helping me here, i bought this guitar from a friend of mine long ago but now an trying to replace what's needed to, so i don't really know what kind of epiphone it is, here are some pic if you could help me it would be great and by these pic if you can give me some more info on this guitar pls..

Hello thanks for helping me here, i bought this guitar from a friend of mine long ago but now an trying to replace what's needed to, so i don't really know what kind of epiphone it is, here are some pic if you could help me it would be great and by these pic if you can give me some more info on this guitar pls..

post-47699-001449500 1349530829_thumb.jpg

I replaced the carved bridge on my Joe Pass with a tune-o-matic style from Stewart MacDonald. Took about seven seconds. I'm sure you could get a nut there also. (I'm not affiliated with StewMac...just love their product lines, prices and shipping.) PS... thats an Epiphone Les Paul. I'd be interested to learn how he broke half the nut off.

Read about Tusq nuts here:

http://www.graphtech.com/products.html

The 6060 series are for Epiphone.

Prefix...

PQ = white, high temp, high pressure, synthetic ivory.

PQL= white, high temp, high pressure, graphite impregnated. (XL series)

PT = Black XL

Suffix...

00 = right handed

0L = left handed

Do not buy from them directly...They will sell to you, but, they are expensive as they prefer to sell in quantity to dealers.

You can get the nut from a dealer or off Ebay for about $10.

As to installation:

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/77220-beater-guitar-part-5/

On to the bridge...

The nice thing about Stewmac is that they have spec tabs. Measure your bridge. Epis are metric and measured in mm. (Post to post and string spacing)

You can buy custom bridges for up to $300 made out of titanium.

Personally, I am quite satisfied with these on my Epis for $23.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_Tune-o-matic_bridges/Gotoh_Tune-o-matic_Bridge.html

(They are coated white metal but work quite well.)

Epis use the 1511.

For the next step up you normally move to aluminum. Your choice.

Hope this gives some insight,

Willy

Archived