Gibson Brands Forums

J-60 Traditional

JamGuy

Hey all...

Just a couple of videos of me playing my Gibson J-60 Traditional through the Fender Super Champ X2 combo. Some folks over in the Fender Lounge were clamoring for a Acoustasonic setting on the SCX2's, specifically voiced for acoustics (yeah, I hand out there too).The Jazzmaster setting is a clean solid state amp model... go figure, a tube amp emulating a solid state [confused] In any event, it's well suited for acoustics... or at least good enough for me!

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L10f_REzyBo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We9KsrfW7uI

Hey Jam on my phone right now can't watch the videos but ill check them out shortly. I to own a j60 walnut and its the best dread I've owned. Finally found something to replace the firebird acoustic I had. Is yours the rosewood or walnut

Jamie

Pretty sure it's rosewood... I didn't know there was a walnut version. I'll have to poke around on the net and see if I can scope out a walnut version. Do you have a pic of yours you could upload?

I just did a search for pics and mine is clearly the rosewood version. There was a curly maple version too which looks pretty sweet. No need to upload a pic unless you just want to show off your honey [wink]

I posted some in an earlier thread but for showing off purposes ill go again

1BCE3EC9-6BDE-4F57-B54E-FB7AFCCD3A4E-189-000000271AAB45E9.jpg

0E76D534-5430-4940-AE33-BBDD7995D25F-189-000000253774297C.jpg

186207BE-E5C8-4AFC-9DAE-B5652B28E130-189-0000002524726E1A.jpg

Not the greatest pics but as you can see a beautiful plain Jane I want to call it work horse but not appropriate. People can't believe it when they hear it. Loudest most responsive dread I've played. Must be the black walnut beats me

Archived