Gibson Brands Forums

Does your wife suffer from migraines?

lazarusvt84

My wife (of 27 yrs) has suffered from severe migraines for the past 15 yrs to the tune of about 12-15 per month...for 15 yrs! She's been on everything with minimal relief. We've spent $$$ on this problem not to mention the quality of life that's greatly diminished.

A couple months ago, she came across something and now has only had two (nominal strength) in the last 7 weeks. Other side benefits include dropped 20 lbs, improved skin tone, arthritic hands/knees greatly improved...tons of energy, and more (I also suspect her BP and vitamin D deficiency has improved but need Dr to confirm in a few weeks). Best of all, no drugs of any kind.

If interested...drop me a message.

I've suffered from migraines so bad that meningitis was suspected at times.Ever since I was 7 or 8 years old I've been plagued by them.A few years ago my family doctor prescribed Maxxalt and that has almost been a panacea for me ever since except for the past couple of weeks because my insurance disallowed the Maxxalt and insisted that I be prescribed a generic substitute.Not only is this new med ineffective(it's supposed to be of identical makeup)but it tastes so bad that it makes me nauseous which ironically makes the migraine even worse.I'd like to know what this med or treatment is.I too am curious as too why you can't or don't mention the name etc.unless you are marketing it yourself which is the only reason that I can figure.

I had migraines and chronic back pain for years until I read this great book "Healing Back Pain: The Mind-Body Connection" by Dr. John Sarno.

The title says back pain, but it goes much further than that.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_10?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=john+sarno&sprefix=john+sarno%2Caps%2C0

Keep and open mind.

The problem with drugs is you are treating the symptom, not the cause.

The cause could be TMS.

Since reading the book, I've been living pain free. I can't recommend this book highly enough.

I'm in no way affiliated with anything to do with Dr. Sarno.

Happy Trails,

Mike

I am interested. Not for her, for me.

Any reason why the world can't know, requiring a PM?

I don't want to be accused of "selling" anything but want to share a potentially great thing with this gang.

Update: Wife checked her BP a few minutes ago and our machine keeps track of readings and dates and her BP is improved (the lower #) as well as the bpm (lows 90's down to low 70's), and my wife still needs to lose the weight equivalent to a small adult! In fact, she (and daughter) officially only started the program about 3.5 weeks ago ....but was tinkering with it starting 7 weeks ago as she read thru several books on the subject. It was during this "tinkering period" that she noticed her migraines going away.

This is a potential game changer for her and our family (and finances). My 24-yr daughter is also doing this program with her and has lost about 12 lbs in 3.5 wks, but only needs to lose about 20 total. Both my daughters are starting to have migraines (ages 24 and 12). It would be great to spare them years of suffering.

It's not magic...but apparently just a change in how we approach nutrition. She first saw this on Dr. Oz show. She was curious about the migraine claims...not the diet or wt loss. She's getting both.

http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/031612091X

It's a well established fact that deficiencies in some vitamins and eating certain foods and drinking alcohol can trigger migraines.So it makes sense that some vitamins,foods etc. could be found to prevent or cure them.I can't touch red wine or just about any other kind of alcohol,or eat cheese and sometimes even chocolate which I always loved.A natural or herbal cure would be much better than having to rely on meds to make you feel well again not only from migraines but from other maladies.

I got it, but thanksfully it only comes only a couple of times a year.It's really painful. I have a nose spray i got from my sister, it reduce the pain for me. As i read it the brand is GlaxoSmithKline- the product is called Imigran nosespray- 20mg Sumatriptan.

If your wife has found a cure for her, and have had so much trouble with it. i can only imagine how happy she is

Some people throw around the word migraine without knowing what real migraine is. I had them when I was younger and was put on an anti seizure medication for three years. Thankfully it worked.

Very true....but in my wife's case....she's been on virtually every pain med (seizure med, you-name-it-let's experiment-med) and has seen a neurologist every 90 days for about 10 years. About once a month she'd get one so bad (and lasting 3 days) that she'd have to give herself an injection with a very nasty-sized needle. She'd lose partial vision, have pain from light and sound, nausea...the usual list of symptoms.

My gramma always said, "Everything that's wrong with people can be traced back to something they put in their mouth."

She was talking in physiological terms and clearly there are exceptions, but I find her words to be very true in my line of work.

Culprits: tobacco, alcohol, food

Food can be our greatest ally. Just gotta see it for what it is and not think of it as a pleasure source. I'm glad a change in eating habits is helping your family. Having the discipline to change forever is challenging for most people. Hope ya'll continue on this journey.

Archived