Gibson Brands Forums

Just saw these guys live on Saturday

seanp33

So the wife and I went to this concert on Saturday here in Houston in a small bar called Fitzgerald's. I had heard this band earlier this year opening for Radiohead and was excited to see them in a more intimate setting. I couldn't have been more amazed by their musicianship. Each member routinely played up to 3 instruments per song. The entire set was just over 2 hours. The band's name is "Other Lives" and I highly recommend seeing them if they come to your neck of the woods.

The lead singer played a Taylor for the majority of the show btw...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EvLyFh0pSQ

Interesting, but the lead singer looks a bit too much like Charles Manson for my taste. (By the way, as I understand it, Manson was actually a serious musician who was trying to get a recording contract, and came in contact with a lot of the LA folk/rock crowd before he went more than a bit off the rails with his messiah complex.)

Interesting, but the lead singer looks a bit too much like Charles Manson for my taste. (By the way, as I understand it, Manson was actually a serious musician who was trying to get a recording contract, and came in contact with a lot of the LA folk/rock crowd before he went more than a bit off the rails with his messiah complex.)

Ha, what was funny about him was when I met him after the show he couldn't have been taller than 5'5. My wife said he had beautiful hair...didn't know what to make of that.

Ha, what was funny about him was when I met him after the show he couldn't have been taller than 5'5. My wife said he had beautiful hair...didn't know what to make of that.

Hmmmm..... Charles Manson is pretty short as well.....

Interestingly, when I first saw James Taylor, he had hair about like that, and my (first) wife said about the same thing as your wife did about it...

I think I must be having a flashback.

Archived