Gibson Brands Forums

Kemper Profiles

CoreyT

Wow, did not realize they are $2K.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ProfilingAmpBK/

That's true but on the other hand what would 1000 top class amps cost you?

The website mentioned early on in the video is to be found here:

http://www.theampfactory.com/

Some marvellous rare amp profiles to be found in the set of packages on sale at pretty reasonable (so it seems to me) prices.

And sadly, no I do not have a Kemper but it is on my wishlist!

This thing looks like the real deal, too bad it also looks like a prop from a 50's grade B science fiction movie [blink] . And too bad that this post has yielded only 3 replies. It would be nice to get a discussion going about the present and future of amp/effects modeling technologies. I am a big fan of these technologies having experience with both the low end (own a Fender Mustang II) and the high end (Fractal Axe FX). I can't wait to try the Kemper which will be carried by Washington DC's big independent retailer Chuck Levin's. Not in stock yet but coming "soon".

This thing looks like the real deal, too bad it also looks like a prop from a 50's grade B science fiction movie [blink] . And too bad that this post has yielded only 3 replies. It would be nice to get a discussion going about the present and future of amp/effects modeling technologies. I am a big fan of these technologies having experience with both the low end (own a Fender Mustang II) and the high end (Fractal Axe FX). I can't wait to try the Kemper which will be carried by Washington DC's big independent retailer Chuck Levin's. Not in stock yet but coming "soon".

I think it is probably availability that is constricting discussion on the Kemper (although in more abstracted midiguitar circles e.g. vguitarforum, the Kemper has attracted a lot of discussion). Certainly in Europe, where they are readily available as long as you have the dosh, they are highly praised with most people seeming to reckon that they have a distinct edge over the Fractal so long as you can do without the umpteen stomp box models that the Fractal does have.

I'd love to actually try one.t I've done a lot of listening to examples on Youtube and other places (e.g Andertons) and the Kemper seriously impresses me. But I do agree that box looks like some 1950s radio set! [scared]

Archived