Gibson Brands Forums

Picked up Anothe Hagstrom

lazarusvt84

As a lefty, our options are limited. Was just curious about playing a single-cut with P90s ("spiced" for a little extra kick) that I could still afford and wife wouldn't shoot me over. Despite Chinese-made, quality is again very good (almost on par with my Gibsons) and surprising light (equal to my SG). Lowered the bridge a bit, changed from 9's to 10's, intonated it...not bad at all. Still not sure I'll keep it. Have 29 more days to decide.

cvldg.jpg

yAvJe.jpg

I haven't played any of the new MIC Hagstroms yet but I have played many of the old made in Sweden ones.The Swedish made ones were just fabulous guitars and the neck was as thin as a broomstick with a real shallow C profile.The Swedes were phenomenal guitars and were made up until around 1984 I believe,one of them would really be worth your while to pick up.I have a Hagstrom Corvette which cost the original owner $750 when he bought it new in Sweden in 1963,I got it for just $85 from my buddy who worked in a music store and sold it to me for what he allowed the original owner's son on a trade.I also have a '65 Hagstrom II that is somewhat SG shaped and that's an exceptional guitar too,I paid $60 for it in 1972.If the new Hagstroms are anywhere near as good as the old ones,they are excellent guitars.

I have a Hagstrom Corvette which cost the original owner $750 when he bought it new in Sweden in 1963,I got it for just $85 from my buddy who worked in a music store and sold it to me for what he allowed the original owner's son on a trade.

You're KILLING ME!!! Talk about a score!! [thumbup]

Archived