Gibson Brands Forums

Thanksgiving Recipes...

daveinspain

This is something my mother always made at Thanksgiving and now I make it every year too,,, Very easy to do and people love it [biggrin]

Carrots and turnips with brown sugar, cinnamon and butter;

1. A bunch of carrots

2. A bunch of turnips

3. Brown Sugar

4. Butter

5. cinnamon

6. All spice

Boil the carrots and turnips until soft, mash them up in a big bowl. Add a good amount of butter, brown sugar. Add cinnamon and all spice to taste with a pinch of salt. Thats it!

Makes a great puree and adds color to the table. People will love this dish... Don't worry about how much brown sugar, cinnamon and butter to use just do it to taste. You can also add a bit of nutmeg and clove if you like those flavors as well but I like to keep it simple...

You got a recipe to share?

Me and my wife cater and we cook a lot of turkey breasts. We cook them in a big crock pots. Take a frozen turkey breast, stuff it with a sweet onion and a celery stick. Put it in the crock pot on high and cook it for eight hours. No need to do anything while it cooks. The meat will be very tender.

The other important thing to do is to slice it by removing both breast lobes completely and then slicing them across the grain. The meat will be much more tender than when you slice it the conventional way. Do it like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d739zXtd8XQ

Me and my wife cater and we cook a lot of turkey breasts. We cook them in a big crock pots. Take a frozen turkey breast, stuff it with a sweet onion and a celery stick. Put it in the crock pot on high and cook it for eight hours. No need to do anything while it cooks. The meat will be very tender.

The other important thing to do is to slice it by removing both breast lobes completely and then slicing them across the grain. The meat will be much more tender than when you slice it the conventional way. Do it like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d739zXtd8XQ

Says unploader has not made this video available in my country... :-(

The BEST and EASIEST caramel pie EVER! [thumbup]

Get a can of sweetened condensed milk and remove the label. Place it in a pot and cover with water. Cook on high until water comes to a boil, then turn on medium/high for 4 hours, adding water to keep the can covered.

Carefully open can. (And I mean carefully, it is very hot) Pour contents into graham cracker pie shell. Cool pie in refrigerator. When completely cooled, top with frozen whipped topping. Serve.

Buy a Turkey (5 kilo) for 6 people; two bottles of Scottish Whiskey, bacon, olive oil 

Lard the Turkey and rub with salt and pepper. 

Preheat the oven at 180° celcius, and fill half a glas of whisky. Drink the whisky while the oven preheats. Put the Turkey in an ovendish and fill a second glass of whisky. Put the Turkey in the oven and drink the whisky. 

After 20 minutes, turn the oven to 200 degrees and vill two glazzez of wiski. Drink the glazzez and clean up the splinters of de first glaz. Pour another glaz and drinkit. 

After thirty minits open de ovvento sjeck on the duk. Go to batroom to look fur oointment to put on de lefthand. Kik de ovven ! 

Pour two glazzez of wiski and drink up the middle glaz. Open de ovven and teek out de Durky. Put oointment on right hand and pick up duk from grount. Pickit up a second time and make towwel wet to clean ointment from de Durky. 

Klean hands with viski. Pickup durk again and put in ovven. Open sec cond botel of viski and try to get up. Pikup tuub of hointment from grount. 

Keeb zitting on de floor and put bottel of viski on de floor. Drink from de botel bicoz al de glazez aar brooken. Turn of ovven, cloos eyes and fall on grount again. 

Next morning: garnish the Turkey with lemongrass; clean up the kitchen and the ceiling. Clean up all the broken glass and bring it together with the two empty bottles to the container. Stop at the pharmacist to get some maalox.

Archived