Gibson Brands Forums

The Sound of a J50 8 Times Slower

Mojorule

Very cool, a bit of drum & Bass, and you could have a real freak out with that.... it's like an entrance music piece used before concerts if you'd ever gone to see Kula Shaker.

Are KS still going? Never dared go and see them in case his mum turned up on stage in a gingham dress - twice.

parent_trap-1961%5B1%5D.jpg

Anyway, you should hear what happens when Bob's harmonica gets slowed down as well. The Times They Are a Changin' indeed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WadgXw5EqPE

Very soothing, quite listenable too! Would make a good palette to 'paint on top of' recording wise... obviously you'd have to create your own though, might have a dabble. msp_thumbup.gif

KS are long gone I believe.

Yeah, despite the giggles about things played backwards and so on, I did give the full version of Masters a listen, because it was weirdly addictive (soothing, as you say, though with just a hint of the sinister - relaxing but with an edge, a bit like Jim Beam and coke, but fortunately with rather more JB in it). I couldn't manage the whole of Times afterwards though. It was all a bit too much. Probably more soothing given the major key and more regular chord changes. There's a version of Queen Jane Approximately too, but despite the Hammond and the electrics, it doesn't really sound that different timbre-wise. Weird that, how a J50, a Nick Lucas and a Strat or Tele all sound the same if they're slowed down this much. How much time do we spend discussing tone here?

Weird that, how a J50, a Nick Lucas and a Strat or Tele all sound the same if they're slowed down this much.

Quite a weird one that actually, but they totally do.....

How much time do we spend discussing tone here?

Far far too much, it's not the cut of your sword but how you wiggle it around.

Sounds like a cross between Mongolian throat singing, Gregorian chant, and the odd ringing I got between my ears when I whacked my motorcycle into a brick wall some years ago.....when... everything... sort... of... slowed... down.......

Archived