Gibson Brands Forums

Love? Could I Care Less?

Mojorule

Yes, stopped for me also at 1:08, however I enjoyed that a lot as that is very much the style of fingerpcking that Im exploring right now. That sort of country blueish with a twist, but I still quite a bit to go to get to your prowess Mojo.

Good stuff!

Thanks for the encouragement. I just used my Samsung Galaxy Mini (first generation). Best recording tool I have, I'm afraid. Used it the same as ever,and on the phone itself it plays back the whole recording with sound and the right way up. For some reason the uploading has gone haywire, so everything appears upside down and there is the cut-out after a minute. Tried uploading again since to no avail.

Anyway details for Silver. Guitar: 2011 Woody Guthrie Southern Jumbo. Strings: 6(E) to 2(B) are 80/20 Gibson Masterbuilt/D'Addario lights which it came with 20 months ago (see EA reel in shock); the high e is a locally made B string of uncertain gauge though the bloke in the guitar shop swore it's a 12. They've needed changing for some time, but I really don't have time to replace them till they ping and it's a necessity. Precious little time to play as it is. I think they make the guitar sound boxier than it would with new strings on. In some places where the guitar gets an outing they still ring out and sort of leave other guitars in the blocks, though. They seem to work OK for blues as well.

Dan, I got David Fincher to do the lighting.

Archived