Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Bad Boys

eggs

I have been hellishly busy recently, & I just realised that I hadn't updated my signature with this $150 piece of valvey goodness, scored in early October whilst weekending with Mrs Eggs in regional New South Wales.

As an act of absolution I just spent some quality time with these two late 90's Korean Bad Boys this afternoon.

Freakin' awesome... That's all I can say [thumbup] [thumbup]

badboys.jpg

Great amps, but then I'm partial to EL84s. If you ever get a chance to hook up an extension cab with a 12, do it. It'll really open it up. And the combination of a 10 and a 12 gives a nice "fullness". Those two look like they're made for each other. Enjoy.

Great amps, but then I'm partial to EL84s. If you ever get a chance to hook up an extension cab with a 12, do it. It'll really open it up. And the combination of a 10 and a 12 gives a nice "fullness". Those two look like they're made for each other. Enjoy.

Thanks guys...

& for clarification, this amp is loaded with 2x EL84 & 2x 12AX7 and a 12" Electar speaker.

valvesv.jpg

speakerz.jpg

She needs a bit of a clean, but Happy New (Old) Amp Day indeed I say [biggrin]

Thanks guys...

& for clarification, this amp is loaded with a 12" Electar speaker.

An Electar amp with an Electar speaker?! Hush your mouth!

I don't know anything about these amps, but a tube amp for THAT price has GOT to be cool just because.

Anything "cheap" about it would even be a plus as it means UPGRADE!

Thanks guys...

& for clarification, this amp is loaded with 2x EL84 & 2x 12AX7 and a 12" Electar speaker.

valvesv.jpg

speakerz.jpg

She needs a bit of a clean, but Happy New (Old) Amp Day indeed I say [biggrin]

I don't know why, but I thought that those came with 10s. I like it even more, now.

I don't know why, but I thought that those came with 10s. I like it even more, now.

I think the Tube 20 was 10" loaded & the Tube 10 was 8" loaded... Actually, who's the 'maroon' (to quote Bugs Bunny) that comes up with that sorta stuff anyway [confused]

But now you've got me wondering whether I could stack it onto my Vox V112 (12") cabinet also?

& don't ya just love 'chook heads' [biggrin]

controlsm.jpg

inputs.jpg

But my real point with this thread, & why I posted it in 'Electrics', was just how awesome it is when you match up the right amp with the right geet... & my 'Tupelo Honey' is one very right geet [thumbup] ... We were making noises yesterday afternoon that would make a preacher's wife blush [scared]

Eggs, I get the impression YOU could make a preachers wife blush just with your personality (not that you would...with respect to Mrs Eggs as well. Knowing your good nature, you would likely not even give her cause to give you a beating whether she would give them or not).

Me thinks: MORE speakers usually means more volume per turn of the knob...less amp "tone" per decibel. But sometimes, 2 DIFFERENT speakers together makes it more "full".

It's ALWAYS worth it to try DIFFERENT speakers whenever possible anyway. As in WHICH 12" is better. With 2 different speakers, one is usually better (per taste) than the other.

Also...going the other direction, sometimes a smaller speaker, or a less powerful one, results in more amp "tone" per decibel.

Knowing your good nature, you would likely not even give her cause to give you a beating whether she would give them or not.

Wait right there steiny... I gotta call Mrs Eggs in to read this [lol]

I know 'Honey's mad as hell at me for callin' her a 'Boy'...

But she's absolutely fine 'bout been called 'Bad'...

That is what her tramp stamp says after all [wink]

beautymark.jpg

& this is kinda 'the nasty' that we were aiming for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRGLUIQPhsc

Gibby 335 through an Electar Tube 30 with No Effects

Archived