Gibson Brands Forums

get yer lowden out ... edit . 2nd video added

blindboygrunt

But..if you are lookin for a guitar that continues to make sound whilst you go out,take a piss & come back, a post 2004 Lowden may just be that guitar. : )

What if youre not looking for that kind of guitar ? Id suggest most folks here dont particularly want a guitar that is still sustaining after youve come back from a leak. This is not a quality that makes it stand above others.

What if youre not looking for that kind of guitar ? Id suggest most folks here dont particularly want a guitar that is still sustaining after youve come back from a leak. This is not a quality that makes it stand above others.

Something that would sustain and ring for ages, even half a leak would be something I could be interested in, I've got plenty of dry, woody thump, would be nice to have something that orchestral, lively and responsive...

Something that would sustain and ring for ages, even half a leak would be something I could be interested in, I've got plenty of dry, woody thump, would be nice to have something that orchestral, lively and responsive...

Then a Collings rosewood dread like a D2H is the ticket .... or an AJ.

Then a Collings rosewood dread like a D2H is the ticket .... or an AJ.

I'd be more tempted by a Lowden, EA. For the AJ, last thing I need or want is another VS guitar... Three is enough. I think my Gibson angle is covered, hence the recent cooling off on a JB. Still fancy one, but it would be daft for me to bring in another VS guitar when I'm already thinking three in that finish is enough. No more VS shopping msp_scared.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx_uF15PcOg&feature=plcp

heres a bit more for PM who's liking these things even if mine is a pale imitation

heres a bit if me messing , just out of case since at least a year , strings a bit knackered and a little of of tune (as was i once or twice)i now see , but we're all friends here, open tuning ...

OOOHH DEAR

that does sound feckin good BB... but [scared]

I like it better than the J45....[woot].. well maybe just for the finger pickin and style u were playin there..as thats my bag at the mo

nice playing man [thumbup]

I was waiting to see who'd say it... Now the further question is:

As BBG has quite a mellow vocal style (not shouty) is what we're hearing, the more ringing tone complimenting/offsetting that, do we need an instrumental A/B video to directly compare them minus vocals for pure guitar comparison and with vocals for comparison as an accompaniment? I'd say yes... how about it BBG?

Fishman Rare Earth in the soundhole - and talk about authentic hall reverb - holy moly!

When I was in college, we used to sit in the fire stairwells of the dorm to play, just to get the reverb off the concrete walls and high, open spaces. Sometimes also used the big toilet/shower rooms (tile walls) for the same reason, but the effect was somewhat ruined whenever someone flushed a toilet.....

Also, the girls didn't mind the stairwells, but they sometimes balked at going into the men's shower room with us. Times have probably changed in that regard...

Im only semi joking but there is a good bit of truth in it concerning the sustain of many of those guitars.(Post 2004, under his own ownership & workshoppe,which they were not previous).

But, Response to the strings is like the paramount goal for an acoustic instrument..no musician can not want it.

When you go shopping for a J45 your gonna want a responsive one.

Archived