Gibson Brands Forums

LP Tribute +

Lord Summerisle

Just a tentative question, given that I'm unlikely to scrape $600 together in the immediate future, but in the happy event that does happen...

I finally encountered an Epi Les Paul Tribute Plus the other night (at a friend's party where we sat down to jam - one of his buddies brought one along).

What a beautiful guitar. I honestly thought that this was the perfect Les Paul (and I've never been that much an LP guy in the past, to be honest).

This has caused immense GAS for a black cherry one of these.

One quick question: does a pick-guard come in the box, so that you can fit it later if you choose (didn't that used to be the case with some Gibsons)? Or would I have to track down a pick-guard that fitted an Epi LP or have one made, myself?

Because a black cherry one of these would absolutely need a cream p/g, imho.... :rolleyes:

DV016_Jpg_Large_H79123.001_black_cherry.jpg

Just a tentative question, given that I'm unlikely to scrape $600 together in the immediate future, but in the happy event that does happen...

I finally encountered an Epi Les Paul Tribute Plus the other night (at a friend's party where we sat down to jam - one of his buddies brought one along).

What a beautiful guitar. I honestly thought that this was the perfect Les Paul (and I've never been that much an LP guy in the past, to be honest).

This has caused immense GAS for a black cherry one of these.

One quick question: does a pick-guard come in the box, so that you can fit it later if you choose (didn't that used to be the case with some Gibsons)? Or would I have to track down a pick-guard that fitted an Epi LP or have one made, myself?

Because a black cherry one of these would absolutely need a cream p/g, imho.... :rolleyes:

DV016_Jpg_Large_H79123.001_black_cherry.jpg

Leave it as it is I say. Not a pickguard lover!

I don't know the answer to your question. I just wanted to say that I think it would look great with a PG. [thumbup]

It's also a matter of playability for me. I like the PG to use as a platform for my pinky finger.

The PG is actually one of the things that makes me like LPs. If it has an archtop, than I want a PG.

I found a cream colored PG for my LP on ebay.

Wasn't cheap either.

The pic in my avatar is before I put it on.

Archived