Gibson Brands Forums

Why do you guys (and gals) play guitar???

onewilyfool

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd actually argue that pickin' in rock and country bands cut into my "dating" life. But then, I tend to be pretty cynical about groupies and - I was the same way when I was 18, a long, long time ago. OTOH, I also tended to like the idea of a GF playing as part of the band and/or duo...

m

I'd actually argue that pickin' in rock and country bands cut into my "dating" life. But then, I tend to be pretty cynical about groupies and - I was the same way when I was 18, a long, long time ago. OTOH, I also tended to like the idea of a GF playing as part of the band and/or duo...

m

So...in other words, you don't really buy into or care when they all over you because you play, but when you see a girl playing.....

I feel you.

Years later, I became the same way, but that's years later. In fact, it kinda makes me a little sick when I see that it's really only the guitar playing they are interested in. Or rather, do I really want to spend time with someone that likes me because I play?

But, give a chick a guitar, and I have to hold myself back. It does something to me.

That's QUALITY humor right there. That's funny.

Although, it's a little sad. I feel kinda bad for you. At least mine lets me take her to dinner.

HAHAHAHA...... don't feel sad.... I'm an old guy now....and I'm not as good as I once was...but I'm as good once as I ever was!

And what we used to do all night now takes us all night to do!

HAHAHAHA...... don't feel sad.... I'm an old guy now....and I'm not as good as I once was...but I'm as good once as I ever was!

And what we used to do all night now takes us all night to do!

Where does that saying come from? My uncle has this particular favorite lyric from a Northern Cal band that goes, "It's an all night effort to do the things I used to do all night".

Regarding the other, it's still all good. Even if you don't get some, at least you didn't waste money on dinner because you know you gonna see her again.

Besides, like I always say, it's a fine line between hugging and pinning her down.

Where does that saying come from? My uncle has this particular favorite lyric from a Northern Cal band that goes, "It's an all night effort to do the things I used to do all night".

Regarding the other, it's still all good. Even if you don't get some, at least you didn't waste money on dinner because you know you gonna see her again.

Besides, like I always say, it's a fine line between hugging and pinning her down.

Those sayings have been around since Hector was a pup.

And I especially like your last line..... I may adopt it!

Ok...who is Hector?

I'm here to learn. Hipness is part of being a guitar player.

It's an old saying.... refers to the Hector of Greek Mythology, (who was killed by Achilles).

If I recall correctly, the myth is that Hector's mother, (Queen something or other), was turned into a dog for some reason....making

Hector the first S.O.B....hence the 'pup' reference.

I've also heard it refers to the Dog Star, (Sirius), but not sure how.

It's a saying my dad always used....he'd tell me "I haven't seen that since Hector was a pup"...or whatever.... so it's a saying that comes naturally to me.

Archived