Gibson Brands Forums

Thanks, Flight!

pippy

Some of you might have seen a thread where Flight was working at producing a composite image of his stunning 'Plain'-top G0 to resemble a spread from Yas Iwanade's "The Beauty of the 'Burst" and I got to help.

He had his printed and, as a 'Thankyou' also had a print made for me of my own R0 as the subject matter.

So just a thread to say "Thanks, Flight! You are a Gentleman!"

[thumbup]

P.

Thanks Pippy!!

It's your skills that produced the page!!

I just had the idea which wasn't new!!

Really enjoyed it! Should have got hands on with the camera!!

My 7D has been getting put through her paces tonight! ;-)

Regards

Simon

Hey, Tman! nice to see you here!

[thumbup]

P.

Thanks Pip. Work's been a bear but I still like to "observe" and occasionally try to contribute something. [biggrin]

Great looking guitars and the layout spectacular! I've now come to think of you and LP's as nearly synonymous. [thumbup]

Cheers, Tman and 57classic.

[thumbup]

As far as the back goes; yes, it IS a lovely slab of 'hog. Flowing grain centred perfectly on the body.

It doesn't show too clearly in the snap because the rear is actually finished in a darker shade of Cherry-red than is usual for an Historic. Compare it with Simon's G0.

I'm embarassed to admit I passed on even playing the guit the first 3 times I visited the shop as the top figure and colour didn't match what I thought I wanted.

Fourth Time Lucky.

BTW and not that it matters any, but It's an R0.........................................[smile]

P.

Cheers, Tman and 57classic.

[thumbup]

As far as the back goes; yes, it IS a lovely slab of 'hog. Flowing grain centred perfectly on the body.

It doesn't show too clearly in the snap because the rear is actually finished in a darker shade of Cherry-red than is usual for an Historic. Compare it with Simon's G0.

I'm embarassed to admit I passed on even playing the guit the first 3 times I visited the shop as the top figure and colour didn't look match what I thought I wanted.

Fourth Time Lucky.

BTW and not that it matters any, but It's an R0.........................................[smile]

P.

[/quote/

I knew it's an R0. I said that because R9s are generally revered where R0s not quite as much. Yours is exceptional.

...I knew it's an R0. I said that because R9s are generally revered where R0s not quite as much. Yours is exceptional...

OOOPS!

[blush]

Sorry, 57classic. My mistake. I really should have known better. I do know better, in fact........

And, of course, thanks for the kind words.

P.

Archived