Gibson Brands Forums

What models would you like to see for 2013 ?

JuanCarlosVejar

You could probably get them to build you an L-OO Legend or TV and paint it black. Those Ren L-OO Archetypes show up from time to time. I've seen two on the market in the last 18 months.
Oh, I know, but that's beyond my means. But beyond the money/value, quotient, it rankles my inner history buff.

If all goes according to plan, there will be a maple J-45 next year (and 3 other accurate "Banner" reissues).

John, if you are able to provide any further detail, I would greatly appreciate it. When you say "accurate" reissues, are you talking on the level of the Legend series with full hide glue construction, or along the lines of the TV series to keep the price reasonable for "mere mortals"?

Also, can you say what each of the models will be? A banner SJ reissue would be very interesting!

Thanks!

John, if you are able to provide any further detail, I would greatly appreciate it. When you say "accurate" reissues, are you talking on the level of the Legend series with full hide glue construction, or along the lines of the TV series to keep the price reasonable for "mere mortals"?

Also, can you say what each of the models will be? A banner SJ reissue would be very interesting!

Thanks!

Silver,

In June, shipped these guitars to Montana for reissue:

• 1943 SJ: with purflings unique to a batch/FON 2735

• 1943 LG-1: one year run (one shipped in 1944 and the rest shipped in 1943) of x-braced, all mahogany LG-1s with fancy rosette and multiple purflings front and back

• 1942 J-45: first year J-45 with fancy rosette and multiple purflings front and back

• 1944 maple J-45

I'll keep you posted!

Silver,

In June, shipped these guitars to Montana for reissue:

• 1943 SJ: with purflings unique to a batch/FON 2735

• 1943 LG-1: one year run (one shipped in 1944 and the rest shipped in 1943) of x-braced, all mahogany LG-1s with fancy rosette and multiple purflings front and back

• 1942 J-45: first year J-45 with fancy rosette and multiple purflings front and back

• 1944 maple J-45

I'll keep you posted!

Thanks for the info, JT. Sounds interesting!

I believe one of the guitars that John Thomas is talking about is this one :

http://vintagelicksguitars.com/1944-gibson-j45-maple-banner/

I conducted 2 recording sessions for the Banner Gibson CD and had a 1944 maple J-45 at each. The guitar we used in the first session is in Bozeman. This is the guitar from the second session. It's probably my favorite Banner maple J-45 of all time. An incredible guitar.

Archived