Gibson Brands Forums

WTB: Epiphone Riviera Elitist Nick Valensi P-94

MichaelSoto

Desperately looking to purchase an Epiphone Riviera Elitist Nick Valensi P-94.

Please, please, please let me know if you know where I can find one. I have been looking for years!

Also interested in a Epiphone Riviera Elitist in Sunburst. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

DSC02953.jpg

P_Valensi-VS.jpg

220282925920-2.jpg

5043_3.jpg

Both of the Elitist models you're seeking had quite limited runs.

I also had been keeping one eye open for either of these instruments.

Ran across nothing in the past few years & have filled those niches in other ways:

> Gibson ES-335 w/P90s

> Epi AIUSA Sheraton w/mini humbuckers & frequensator.

The ES-335 w/P90s is a limited run, currently available through Guitar Center.

The AIUSA Sheraton is hard to find, but would expand your options.

Unfortunately, both normally sell for more than the Elitist Valensi or Riviera,

but would give a similar tonal effect with as good or better build quality.

Yeah, I've been kicking myself for years not buying when they were available when released.

I do have a 1994 Natural Riviera with stock humbuckers, and debating putting P-94's in them, but I do like the sound it has already too.

I'm still just keeping my fingers crossed.

I do have a 1994 Natural Riviera with stock humbuckers, and debating putting P-94's in them, but I do like the sound it has already too.

Putting P94s in your '94 Riviera would be very tempting!

I also happen to have a Korean Valensi Riviera, and the P94s are very sweet.

Imho, the Korean Valensi represents one of Epiphone's best ever buys with the Gibson P94s, a true one piece mahogany neck, and first rate build quality (courtesy of the Unsung factory) at a bargain price. The one possible drawback for some players might be the very slim neck, but for others it may be their perfect cup of tea.

i've got an elitist valensi riviera in natural - is it sunburst you are after ? i have a wine red elitist riviera, though that has a headstock repair. i'm based in uk though.

i'm open to offers for both post-52374-091926300 1357573895_thumb.jpgpost-52374-091926300 1357573895_thumb.jpg

I would definitely love the Sunburst over the Natural, but I would absolutely be interested in that as well, if it is indeed an Elitist model.

Send me a personal message or e-mail me!

- Michael

Putting P94s in your '94 Riviera would be very tempting!

I also happen to have a Korean Valensi Riviera, and the P94s are very sweet.

Imho, the Korean Valensi represents one of Epiphone's best ever buys with the Gibson P94s, a true one piece mahogany neck, and first rate build quality (courtesy of the Unsung factory) at a bargain price. The one possible drawback for some players might be the very slim neck, but for others it may be their perfect cup of tea.

So I've heard, but my search will continue! Thanks for the info!

Archived