Gibson Brands Forums

Yes Songs

daveinspain

Now That's Really Spooky!

I was just checking out Steve Howe's Wiki entry and his personal website an hour or so ago and read all about the film there.

[blink]

When I get the time........

Thanks for posting, Dave!

[thumbup]

P.

I've seen YES several times. Awesome every time. Rick Wakeman was killer. Steve Howe, Awesome as always. Even saw them with Patrick Moraz on the Relayer tour. Trevor Rabin wasn't bad either. Jon Anderson, none better. Can't forget about Chris Squier and Alan White. Never saw Bill Bruford, but I like him too. [thumbup][biggrin]

My first exposure to Yes was buying the Yessongs album (3 vinyl record set) in high school in 1972 or 1973. I was hooked. I've been a Yes head ever since. I especially loved the way Steve Howe would attack the guitar, on fire as it were. I saw Yes countless times from 1973 on. My favorite Yes albums are Yessongs, Topographic Oceans, and Relayer. I must admit that I had grown tired of Yes after Rick Wakeman left in 2004 and Benoit David took over the vocals. I saw them last year and was unimpressed. Also, they played so slowly that if they were to play any slower, they would be playing backwards. Yes has had a good run for over 35 years and IMHO they should give it up already. I've already decided to skip their upcoming 2013 tour. I've got their old albums and video concerts to play to remember them by.

They should be next to go into the HOF now that Rush got in. I've seen them many times with various variants of their members. Unbelievable talent who had, and still has, a loyal following.

I agree, but which lineup?

My take would be:

Jon Anderson

Chris Squire

Steve Howe

Rick Wakeman

Bill Bruford & Alan White

Any other members, with the exception of maybe Patrick Moraz, aren't worthy. But then Patrick wasn't really with them long enough either. [confused]

Archived