Gibson Brands Forums

Problem with my songwriter... Help please!

Hexeir

Just plugged it up and really played it over a PA for the first time... sounds great, but the little 'e' string has little to no signal. I don't have a single clue how these transducers work... am I screwed? I'm not the original owner so it's definitely not under warranty... another thing, a hairline crack under the bridge at the bookmatch... big problem?

I don't know anything about pickups,but if it has a crack, I would return it & ask for a replacement. (Don't know if it's a "big" problem.)

But I think a crack on a new guitar is unacceptable. Just my opinion!!

Get the crack fixed before it gets worse.

The pickup may not be seated correctly or the saddle may not be completely flat on the bottom. You might check both of those things first. If those check out, take it to someone to have the pickup checked out. I've had one bad pickup in a brand new guitar before, so it's not unheard of.

Fixed the transducer problem... removed the saddle and turns out some idiot must have decided to do his own saddle shaving... So i found a flat surface and some 800 grit sandpaper and flattened it out! I can hear all the strings now.

Now for a GEORGIA LUTHIER!!

Archived