Gibson Brands Forums

EL00

rsqdvr

Hi all

I am new to this part of the forum, To my question, Tell me about the EL00? I ask as I just bought 1 online from GC used for under $200 I know the nut,saddle,pins are plastic so I will change to bone when it gets here.

I am really kinda stoked about it if it sounds as good as it looks, plus I just wanted a smaller guitar since all my others are Dreads. and I cant quite afford an L00 or other small Gibson right now. I see the nut is smallish, is the neck wide enough to "tweak" the string spacing a little at/with a new nut? has anyone else done this on here?

To you owners Do you like yours? would you buy it again? how would you compare it to say a Recording king, or Taylor gs mini or others of this size & price range?

Thanks in advance

I had a upgrade on the saddle, left the nut and pins alone. Epi has a case sized to fit this shape. Some folks have installed a new nut c/w

wider spacing. For what you paid you did good. Yes I would buy it again. Its my everyday go to guitar. Enjoy playing a smaller body. Burly

That 1.6" nut is a no starter for me. Regarding pins and such, I use Antique Acoustics hard plastic bridge pins.

I do not have a clue how the El-00 compares to RKs or other similarly priced guitars. I know lots of folks who love the EL-00s though. I just ain't a fan of Taylors so would take a whole lotta guitars over one.

Hi all

I am new to this part of the forum, To my question, Tell me about the EL00? I ask as I just bought 1 online from GC used for under $200 I know the nut,saddle,pins are plastic so I will change to bone when it gets here.

I am really kinda stoked about it if it sounds as good as it looks, plus I just wanted a smaller guitar since all my others are Dreads. and I cant quite afford an L00 or other small Gibson right now. I see the nut is smallish, is the neck wide enough to "tweak" the string spacing a little at/with a new nut? has anyone else done this on here?

To you owners Do you like yours? would you buy it again? how would you compare it to say a Recording king, or Taylor gs mini or others of this size & price range?

Thanks in advance

ELOO--Yeah, the nut's too narrow for me. Otherwise, I'd consider for a "beater."

You ask about the Taylor GS Mini. I am not much of a Taylor fan, either, but I really like both the Big Baby and the GS Mini, esp. the version with the solid mahogany top--a big fan of all-hog guitars these days.

Hey Thanks for the replys,,, Case is on the way,,,, This is a nice little guitar " emphisis on LITTLE" And I like it so far, it has a very nice sound w/JP slightly light strings on it, now to pack up the parts and send them to Colosi for Bone!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got an EL-00 Pro myself which is just an EL-00 with the Fishman System installed and i just love it! Plugged or unplugged its got incredible Ballz for its size,,it really projects and is just so comfortable to play. Got the hard case for it a week or so ago so now its all set. Enjoy yours ,,i sure am enjoying mine,,maniak

Archived