Gibson Brands Forums

Conn ST6 strobotuner

EvoRider

From what I know about strobe tuners is, they will flash around and blink and all then when your in tune the screen will stay put. I guess this is a dumb way of explaining it but it is the best I can describe it for you, Tim

I found the manual last night on the net. done some reading and was able to use it last night. I think the little thing is cool . it is nice to use something that was made in the old usa so many years ago and still works as good as new. and is almost in purfect shape. has a couple of little scratches on the mic. very dusty i will clean it up today. I gave 45.00 bucks for it i was able to talk him down from $60.00

From what I know about strobe tuners is, they will flash around and blink and all then when your in tune the screen will stay put. I guess this is a dumb way of explaining it but it is the best I can describe it for you, Tim

Yep, that's about the size of it.

I use a strobe tuner (Planet waves model) and I love it - far more accurate than chromatic tuners and especially those awful poly things which I find totally unusable.

I have a Peterson Strobe that I got back in the mid 1990's. Don't wast your money on a analog strobe-tuner! After a few years of use you must have them re-calibrated and it'll cost a lot to do that (like $300 US). It's a good tool but not up-to-date as Peterson now make's digital version's of them that never need re-calibrating.

But here's the one you got

http://www.mts.net/~smythe/st-6.htm

I have a Peterson Strobe that I got back in the mid 1990's. Don't wast your money on a analog strobe-tuner! After a few years of use you must have them re-calibrated and it'll cost a lot to do that (like $300 US). It's a good tool but not up-to-date as Peterson now make's digital version's of them that never need re-calibrating.

But here's the one you got

http://www.mts.net/~smythe/st-6.htm

Read the manual on the one i have and you can recalibrate it your self. it uses the 60 cycles of electricity to recalibrate. all u have to do is re set the flat-sharp knob. easy to do and i checked it with my tuners and it works great.. I just think it is cool to compare the technology of days past to today..

Archived