Gibson Brands Forums

Help finding a certain truss rod cover!!

JimmyMarrow

Just got my first Epi SG yesterday and it seems the previous owner (oh yea its a 2003 g400) replaced the knobs and truss rod cover. I like the knobs ok for now but he has a gibson truss rod cover. Does anyone know if there is a 2 ply black and white "E" truss cover for sale? I can't seem to find one. I'd like to find it in black with white or cream for the 2nd ply and a white "E" or same color as the inlays.

Sorry its been about 3 years since I've played an electric ( i only play acoustic) and I can't believe how amazing this guitar plays and sounds. I'd love some help here. He also switched the toggle sideways. How hard is it to fix that or should I really care? lol.

Thanks a ton guys.

Any good sites with parts just for epi sg's for some upgrades and such.

Any recommendations on what I can do to a few nicks on the wood? It looks great but has a few dings is all.

Thanks a ton guys. I'm in love with electric again.. I've been playing for about 15 years and will probably see me here alot now that I feel like I have a community who cares.

Thanks again..

Jimmy.

bought mine new and it came with a gibson t.r cover.

I'm not sure if mine came with it when it was new. Weird thing is the cover does not sit flush on the head of the guitar.

its raised just a tad in the middle.

I'd just like to find a cover with the epiphone "E" logo on it. Seems that they don't exist from what I see. I've looked a ton of places but never see them. I see them for the les paul's but they are a different style and I don't think they would fit on my sg.

FWIW - I contacted Gibson a couple of years ago about a similar issue. I bought a guitar on ebay with a broken headstock. I just wanted to try my hand at fixing it. The guitar came out okay, but it didn't come with a TRC, so I contacted Gibson 2 ways. First, I emailed them, and second through a local guitar store. Their response was the same. They wouldn't sell me one! Keep checking back on the ebay site, they may have one again in the future.

Archived