Gibson Brands Forums

NPD!

Dub-T-123

photo_zpsa51abffb.jpg

I just scored this BOSS DM-2 analog delay from the '80s. I think this was the first delay BOSS made in this compact form. It might be their first delay pedal period but I don't really know.

Anyways.. It sounds amazingly good and doesn't seem to really mess up my signal at all which is pretty cool. It's just easy to use and sounds good. I kinda instantly bonded with it.

I'm sure a bunch of you guys are using these too

Yeah John.. I have 8 delay pedals right now. Half are analog and half are digital. The DM-2 and the good old Deluxe Memory Man are my favorites of what I've got here. The DM-2 is wayy more practical than the Memory Man though

Kaleb - That's cool. The CE-3 comes up pretty regularly for $50 or under and it sounds great. I used to have one but sold it for like $40 or something. I've realized that I prefer chorus from flangers instead of chorus pedals.

Anyways I'm really stoked about the DM-2. I just jammed with my buddies and got to crank the ac30 and all that.. It's a really inspiring pedal. Doesn't really get much better.

Well when I got this one someone had tried to change the trimpots to get a longer delay time but they did a terrible job. There were a lot of annoying aliasing noises so I biased it properly but left the delay time just as extended as I could get away with without messing up the tone. So it's got probably about 400ms of beautiful amazing analog delay which is about as I use

photo_zps7428d306.jpg

Yeah John.. I have 8 delay pedals right now. Half are analog and half are digital. The DM-2 and the good old Deluxe Memory Man are my favorites of what I've got here. The DM-2 is wayy more practical than the Memory Man though

Yep, I agree. You can't go wrong with either one. I've gotten pretty close to the "U2-ish" DMM sound with a CE-2 in front of the DM-2.

Archived