Gibson Brands Forums

Travelin' Man Phil X ALL OVER THE PLACE with Ricky Nelson's '68 Les Paul Custom - Re-Born

CoreyT

In my subs this morning.

Phil is getting some nice tones out of the LP and a Vox AC30.

Makes me want to figure out a few of those riffs, especially at 4:24.

Forget the name of that song, but I have heard it s gazillion times.

Guest Farnsbarns

Riff at 4:24...

------------------
------------------
-2/3\2 0----------
---------2---0--2
-----------2-----
------------------

After 2 bars second guitar comes in an octave higher.

A bit later the whole riff moves up 3 half tones, so you're playing it in the g pentatonic position. There's another part too but I don't have a guitar on my lap to remind me how to play it.

Thanks, will have to give it a go.

I really am not sure if I can read Tabs, but I think I can make sense out of it.

Start on the A string 2nd fret, then D string 2nd fret, D string open, then 2nd fret again?

G string looks like start on 2nd fret, slide to 3rd fret, slide back to 2nd fret, then open?

I would have gotten into Tabs long ago, but I had quit playing for close to thirty years until I picked up my SG last May.

Thanks Bence.

2/3\2

What would be the symbol if you were sliding to the 3rd fret and back to the 2nd if you were not bending?

One of these days I have to learn some tab.

Been thinking about taking some private lessons too down at the local store where I have been buying my PRSs from.

You are welcome Pippy.

Hey, a light just clicked on.

So I was sitting in my recliner watching the news when I picked up my Kindle Fire to take a look at the Tab again, then I picked up my little Fernandes guitar and played out the riff.

Also played it up past the 12th fret to play it an octave higher.

Not sure what other key they played it in when they do the riff again, I am off to play Lenny's video again.

Will have to find out what chords he plays too.

First time I think I heard Lenny was him doing a cover of American Woman a few years back which was really good.

------------------

------------------

-2/3\2 0----------

---------2---0--2

-----------2-----

------------------

This will crack you up, but now it makes sense to me.

You start on the G string, move on down to the 2nd fret on the D string, then the 2nd fret of the A string, then open on the D string, then hit the 2nd fret of the D string.

So basically you start at the far left and work your way to the right :D

Never done Tab before, and it always looked so Greek to me.

Archived