Gibson Brands Forums

My First Gibson Guitar Purchase

xtek95

And man, what a keeper! Just a few months ago i wanted something really special for my 50th Birthday, so i took my Martin OOOc16 RGTE on a little road trip to find a new pickin buddy.

After playing a few Taylors, Martins and Gibson Acoustics i settled on the Gibson Songwriter Deluxe .

Great neck, beautiful tone, beautiful to look at! Hope to keep this one a long long time, and hand it down to my son when the time comes.

Anyone else have the pleasure of owning one of these beauties ?

Hi there xtec95 from a fellow SWD fan.

I've had mine nearly a year and it's the only 6 string I play. I gig a bit too and I really like the versatility of this guitar as I only have one top end 6 string. I A/B tested it with a Hummingbird as I've always lusted after a Bird. But the unplugged tone of the SWD was much sweeter to my ears and far more forthright. The Bird was a bit timid for me.

Mine is the cutaway with the Fishman electrics. I've done about a dozen gigs with her usually direct into a PA but sometimes with my Marshall AS50. Always able to get a great tone plugged in.

I use 12s on mine with a heavy pick and fairly high action. I love it to bits!

Here's a couple of picks of mine. We'd like to see some pics of yours!

IMG_0733.jpg

CopyofIMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

Hey onewileyfool....I recently purchased a reissue 1940's LG-2 from Fuller's Vinage Guitar. They only had 1 of these in stock so I'm currently tryinjg to find out if there was a run of these made by Gibson or if Fuller's had this one and a few others custom made for their store. If anyone has any info about this please share.

Archived