Gibson Brands Forums

Spinal Tap - Live at the Royal Albert Hall

Rabs

Got to be one of my fav bands,,and there satire of the whole scene is great,,"amp capo" lol too funny

Lol.. one of the bits that made me laugh the most is also one of the most silly..

When they have a shot of a nurse who is on stage monitoring the drummer.. I guess to watch for signs of spontaneous combustion [lol]

And if you also notice.. they have like 100 picks attached to the mic stands. :)

Lol.. one of the bits that made me laugh the most is also one of the most silly..

When they have a shot of a nurse who is on stage monitoring the drummer.. I guess to watch for signs of spontaneous combustion [lol]

And if you also notice.. they have like 100 picks attached to the mic stands. :)

one of my fav lines in the script was when he was explaining how his marshall amp gets set on "11" lol too funny. I think Rob Reiner did a great job on that whole movie

I saw them live in CT. many years ago at an outdoor arena during their "Break like the wind" tour. Great show kinda like things in the movie with all the things going wrong.The opening act were puppets like in the movie,they actually were a decent band.I actually met Harry Shear (Derek Smalls) in Los Angeles years before the 2nd tour.All anybody asked him in the bar was whats up with the Tap? He was a real nice guy but got real sick of nothing but Spinal Tap questions from the bar patrons.He was amazed that a bunch of us new more movie lines than he did even his own lines from the movie.

Heres a list of Spinal Tap Drummers and their fates.

John "Stumpy" Pepys (1964–1966) (Portrayed by Ed Begley, Jr. in the video "Gimme Some Money") Died in a bizarre gardening accident, that the authorities said was "best left unsolved."

Eric "Stumpy Joe" Childs (1966–1967) Choked on vomit of unknown origin, perhaps but not necessarily his own, because "you can't really dust for vomit."

Peter "James" Bond (1967–1977) (Portrayed by Russ Kunkel whose character was mistakenly credited as the name of the previous drummer) Spontaneously combusted on stage during a jazz festival on the Isle of Lucy, leaving behind what has been described alternatively as a "globule" or a "stain"

Mick Shrimpton (1977–1982) (Portrayed by R. J. "Ric" Parnell) Exploded onstage.

Joe "Mama" Besser (1982) (Portrayed by Fred Asparagus). Claimed he "couldn't take this 4/4 ****"; according to an MTV interview with Spinal Tap in November 1991, he disappeared along with the equipment during their Japanese tour. He is either dead or playing jazz. The name is a play on that of Joe Besser, who similarly had a short-lived and ill-fitted stint as a member of The Three Stooges.

Richard "Ric" Shrimpton (1982–1999) Allegedly sold his dialysis machine for drugs; presumed dead.

Sammy "Stumpy" Bateman (1999-2001) Died trying to jump over a tank full of sharks while on a tricycle in a freak show.

Scott "Skippy" Scuffleton (2001–2007) Fate unknown.

Chris "Poppa" Cadeau (2007–2008) Eaten by his pet python Cleopatra.

Plus 9 other drummers at various times (Probably between 1970 and 1981) all of whom are dead.

I saw them live in CT. many years ago at an outdoor arena during their "Break like the wind" tour. Great show kinda like things in the movie with all the things going wrong.The opening act were puppets like in the movie,they actually were a decent band.I actually met Harry Shear (Derek Smalls) in Los Angeles years before the 2nd tour.All anybody asked him in the bar was whats up with the Tap? He was a real nice guy but got real sick of nothing but Spinal Tap questions from the bar patrons.He was amazed that a bunch of us new more movie lines than he did even his own lines from the movie.

Heres a list of Spinal Tap Drummers and their fates.

John "Stumpy" Pepys (1964–1966) (Portrayed by Ed Begley, Jr. in the video "Gimme Some Money") Died in a bizarre gardening accident, that the authorities said was "best left unsolved."

Eric "Stumpy Joe" Childs (1966–1967) Choked on vomit of unknown origin, perhaps but not necessarily his own, because "you can't really dust for vomit."

Peter "James" Bond (1967–1977) (Portrayed by Russ Kunkel whose character was mistakenly credited as the name of the previous drummer) Spontaneously combusted on stage during a jazz festival on the Isle of Lucy, leaving behind what has been described alternatively as a "globule" or a "stain"

Mick Shrimpton (1977–1982) (Portrayed by R. J. "Ric" Parnell) Exploded onstage.

Joe "Mama" Besser (1982) (Portrayed by Fred Asparagus). Claimed he "couldn't take this 4/4 ****"; according to an MTV interview with Spinal Tap in November 1991, he disappeared along with the equipment during their Japanese tour. He is either dead or playing jazz. The name is a play on that of Joe Besser, who similarly had a short-lived and ill-fitted stint as a member of The Three Stooges.

Richard "Ric" Shrimpton (1982–1999) Allegedly sold his dialysis machine for drugs; presumed dead.

Sammy "Stumpy" Bateman (1999-2001) Died trying to jump over a tank full of sharks while on a tricycle in a freak show.

Scott "Skippy" Scuffleton (2001–2007) Fate unknown.

Chris "Poppa" Cadeau (2007–2008) Eaten by his pet python Cleopatra.

Plus 9 other drummers at various times (Probably between 1970 and 1981) all of whom are dead.

Hilarious!!!!!

Just reading the names, and nicknames , of the drummers and their fate had me crying with laughter! Very funny! [thumbup]

Archived