Gibson Brands Forums

NGD 335 Dot Ebony

jc1funk

I like the Ebony. I purchased a new Ebony ES 335 back in 05'. I replaced the volume and tone knob that were the black speed type, with the old style silver top knobs. I think it matches the pick ups and looks nicer, of course that's my opinion.

Nice guitar, looks like you have some heavy gauge strings on it, what are you using. And were did you get the decal of the guy taking the picture? LOL!

Personal favourite is the Triburst figured top

I traded my triburst figured top for this... loved the guitar but it was just too pretty for the filthy filthy rock I'm making on stage these days...

I like the Ebony. I purchased a new Ebony ES 335 back in 05'. I replaced the volume and tone knob that were the black speed type, with the old style silver top knobs. I think it matches the pick ups and looks nicer, of course that's my opinion.

Nice guitar, looks like you have some heavy gauge strings on it, what are you using. And were did you get the decal of the guy taking the picture? LOL!

First thing I did after restringing (11-52s btw) was install silver top knobs and yeah I'd have to say it's an incredibly classy look... but in line with my comment above I've gone with the gold top hats for a more dressed-down vibe.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived