Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - This one just fell in my lap!

Jjunk

I just snagged a new J-29. American Music is closing out Gibsons. It was marked down to 1700, and got on additional 15% off... a sale they have going on for one more week. It plays wonderfully... has the chunkier neck profile and the advanced bracing like the J-35, and one less fret than the J-45's.

There are two J-45's left if anyone is interested... they're both tagged at 1,975 plus an additional 15% off. One is a standard, and one is a standard natural (no burst)...

I just snagged a new J-29. American Music is closing out Gibsons. It plays wonderfully... has the chunkier neck profile and the advanced bracing like the J-35, and one less fret than the J-45's.

I'd forgotten all about the new J-29... 15s and 35s have been filling the airways. How about a pic? A ound sample? Specs? One less fret - 19? Is the entire rosette visible?

I just snagged a new J-29. American Music is closing out Gibsons. It was marked down to 1700, and got on additional 15% off... a sale they have going on for one more week. It plays wonderfully... has the chunkier neck profile and the advanced bracing like the J-35, and one less fret than the J-45's.

There are two J-45's left if anyone is interested... they're both tagged at 1,975 plus an additional 15% off. One is a standard, and one is a standard natural (no burst)...

Pictures or it didn't happen! [biggrin]

Ok, a few quick pics. Yep, 19 frets with the full rosette showing. Love the look of it and really like the mix of the different woods visually. First impression... the trebles have more meat to them than my J45 Standard! They really sound full in a great way. The standard however has a bit more of the Gibson "thump" thing going. I'll get some matching fresh strings on it soon and get a better comparison between the two!

j29_board.jpg?dl=0

j29_back.jpg?dl=0

j29_top.jpg?dl=0

j29_heel.jpg?dl=0

Interesting. I saw one on sale two weeks ago at Guitar Center for $1699. Very nicely finished, with a rounded neck that felt exceptionally comfortable in hand.

Beautiful highs, but a slightly weak low-end response on the one I sampled.

I don't believe the top is torrified, but it did indeed have a noticeably warmer color tone to it than the natural J-45 they had. That one was very blond more like the J-15's.

Archived