Gibson Brands Forums

New Les Paul Studio Soon- A First For Me

Triad

While I confess I have 3 Fender Stratocasters which I do enjoy playing I have always lusted for a new Gibson Les Paul. Managed to get some cash from the Ebay thing so I will be buying a new Les Paul Studio from either Musiczoo or Wildwood as they are authorized Gibson dealers. I would love to try one hands on but music stores around here are pretty much gone out of business in the last years. Both online stores have both 2014 & 2015 models in stock with the 2014 a little cheaper and you get a gig bag instead of a hard case but that does not bother me. One factor in choosing the Studio is the slimmer 60s neck which I really like. While I could wait and save for a higher end LP the Studio seems perfect for me. Just turned 61 so its about time to get what I really wanted for so long.

2015 saw alot of changes to the Gibson lineup, LP studio included. Zero fret, brass nut, wider neck and mini tune standard to name a few. 2014 was a great build year for Gibby's in general so I would highly recomend a '14 model. In the end it's all about personal preference though. Whatever year you choose, make sure to post some pics for all us guitar nuts to drool over!!! Good luck in your purchase.

It took me thirty years of playing the Gibson SG Standard, twenty-seven years the Weimann Blues Bird, and twenty-five years the Ibanez Roadstar II RG 430 all of which I still own until I bought my first Gibson Les Paul, and another year until I purchased the first of my Fender Floyd Rose Stratocasters and Fender Telecasters. So I finally found all the guitar tones I love in my mid-fifties after decades of being on my bucket list. [biggrin]

Anyway, I immediately replaced the three stock gigbags of some Fender Teles with hardcases. Most of my Fenders came without any protective casing at all... <_<

When about 2014 or 2015 Gibsons, I would prefer the 2014s and buy an extra case over buying a 2015 model. I'm rather happy with my 1973-2013 Gibsons and my 2011-2013 Fenders as well. Perhaps I should add that all of my Strats and one of my Teles are Fender Noiseless modded. Two more of my Teles came with noiseless pickups respectively humbuckers stock.

Thanks guys. They have one 2014 in stock but funds will not be available until my buyer approves of the items I sent him. Hope they still have it then. As far as the newer 2015 models I do not really care for the mini tune or for the fact there is no pick guard.

The Studio Pro comes with the '57 Classic/BurstBucker Pro Bridge pickups and high-gloss finish, the Studio with a satin finish called Vintage Gloss, 490R and 498T pickups. Trying them both would be best I think. In case the comparison was tied otherwise, I would prefer the Studio Pro's high-gloss finish, but this is just me. :)

She arrived today from Wildwood Guitars. I am very happy with it and Wildwoods great customer service.

Sweet looking LP man.I love studios. Very playable and sound every bit as good as standards and up IMHO. [thumbup] Congrats.

Lovely looking guitar man.. And yes I agree with you.. While Standard guitars and the like are great, there aint nothing wrong with a nice studio. They are great guitars if you find one as you say, that speaks to you.. Love the colour and the subtle flaming

Great score man and happy playing [thumbup]

Just turned 61 so its about time to get what I really wanted for so long.

Some psychologists believe that the ability to delay gratification is a sign of maturity so wanting and waiting for the new guitar is a sign of maturity.

I'm turning 61 this month and started electric guitar lessons in January on a new 2013 LP Standard. I didn't know anything about electric guitars but then heard the rumor about the price increase by Gibson and the dropping Canadian dollar making prices go up further.

I don't know about the electronics of the guitar but it is comfortable in my lap when playing sitting.

Enjoy your new guitar when it arrives.

Archived