Gibson Brands Forums

NPD

20150626_163746_zps1tu7ejtq.jpgGot myself a sweet new pedal, delivered this morning and I've been playing non-stop. The pedal in question is a Digitech Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Reverb. Wow! this pedal is just awesome [thumbup]

7 Lexicon reverbs:Plate, Plate mod-with a dash of chorus, shimmer-this is mind blowing beautiful cascading dreamscape ambience, Supernova-cavenous reverb with some tasty flange and pitch shifting, Shine-shimmer with chorus,Pherb-Lexicon hall reverb with a tastful dash of phasing, Spring-stunning perfect for surf rock.

This pedal is so versatile from dreamscape ambience, deep in space, to just your normal reverb, this pedal sure has given my playing a new dimension. Spent a good part of the day jamming along with Pink Floyd, Mr D Dale, The Shadows and composing some new tunes. The Spring reverb is very convincing. (included a link to compare).

3 control knobs for tweaking and hitting the sweet spot: Mix-controls the level of reverb, Liveliness-high frequency response, Decay-controls the length of time the reverb fades out.

Also has a tails switch (on/off) accessible through battery compartment.

Hardwire Supernatural Spring vs. Twin Reverb:

kind regards, Emma :) (I'm like a kid locked in a sweet shop)

Congrats Emma! Their Hardwire series seems to have gotten good reviews from what I've read. I'm glad you're enjoying it - good on ya! [thumbup] Some of my favorite amps are not reverb equipped so it's a must to have a pedal or rackmount of some sort to give them that shimmery depth that guitarists love to swim in [thumbup]

I went crazy today and ordered this new arrival at the Pro Guitar Shop from Keeley Electronics - a combination delay reverb pedal. It was shipped out today so no hands on experience with it yet. Loved the sound clips I've heard and I'm a long time Keeley fanatic so not at all worried about liking it once it hits my place. I'll post up my thoughts once it arrives.

Looks like it was reverb day for a couple of us anyway :)

Jun15_PG_LNU_Keeley_CavernsDelayVerb_WEB.jpg

Congrats Emma! Their Hardwire series seems to have gotten good reviews from what I've read. I'm glad you're enjoying it - good on ya! [thumbup] Some of my favorite amps are not reverb equipped so it's a must to have a pedal or rackmount of some sort to give them that shimmery depth that guitarists love to swim in [thumbup]

I went crazy today and ordered this new arrival at the Pro Guitar Shop from Keeley Electronics - a combination delay reverb pedal. It was shipped out today so no hands on experience with it yet. Loved the sound clips I've heard and I'm a long time Keeley fanatic so not at all worried about liking it once it hits my place. I'll post up my thoughts once it arrives.

Looks like it was reverb day for a couple of us anyway :)

Jun15_PG_LNU_Keeley_CavernsDelayVerb_WEB.jpg

Hi RevDavidLee, thank you :) I'm really digging this pedal. The angels are singing, when using the Shimmer. It's great when you get a pedal and it caters for all the styles I play [thumbup]

Just checked out a PGS Youtube video of the Keeley Electronics Caverns Delay-Reverb. Wow! It's great the way both the effects work together without one of them taking over the others space (no pun intended). Beautiful sounding settings [thumbup] Looking forward to your review of this pedal :) [thumbup]

kind regards, Emma :)

Nice!

Just like the Rev. one of my amps (I only have two amps) doesn't have reverb and I've been thinking about getting a pedal to use with it.

I might have to check that one out myself.

Glad you're having fun and all the best for the Rev's pedal when it comes!

[thumbup]

P.

Nice!

Just like the Rev. one of my amps (I only have two amps) doesn't have reverb and I've been thinking about getting a pedal to use with it.

I might have to check that one out myself.

Glad you're having fun and all the best for the Rev's pedal when it comes!

[thumbup]

P.

Hi pippy, thank you :) I'm really enjoying the Supernatural. Although my amp does have reverb (room/hall) I wanted something that was more dedicated and had a wider scope, I love Spring reverb and I'm experimenting with ambient guitar. This pedal covers it all. It's a box of delights [thumbup]

Great sounding pedal. Enjoy. I've been thinking of a reverb pedal for myself and will now definitely consider that one. Enjoy [thumbup]

I like how they do that righty/lefty switch in the video.

Hi saturn, thank you :) I'm amazed by this pedal. This is definately a permanent fixture gear wise. :) [thumbup] I enjoy watching the PGS videos, always good reviews/demoes. That righty/lefty switching caught me off guard, I thought "wow, Andy's a really good guitarist, he can also play lefty" I'll put it down to having a 'blonde moment' [blush]

Hi saturn, thank you :) I'm amazed by this pedal. This is definately a permanent fixture gear wise. :) [thumbup] I enjoy watching the PGS videos, always good reviews/demoes. That righty/lefty switching caught me off guard, I thought "wow, Andy's a really good guitarist, he can also play lefty" I'll put it down to having a 'blonde moment' [blush]

You can put that down, for me, having a "grey-haired" moment! If you watch his hands, particularly his picking hand, he holds it in a different manner, and I'll admit I was fooled...but it was early morning...no coffee yet...the sun was in my eyes... :unsure:

But so glad you are bonding with your new pedal! I'd love to hear your 'dreamscape' stuff! I really enjoy hearing other's creations and what the individual brings to playing! For me it's good for relaxing, meditating and just "clearing" out the cobwebs.

There's a radio station called WXPN here that has a show late night/early morning, hosted by a guy named John DiLiberto (check Sp.) the show is called "Echoes". I love it; trippy, spacey music, trance-like, hard to describe. I was driving home from a gig alone one foggy evening and listening to it...I fully expected to look in my rear view mirror and see something 'otherworldly' following me...

Brian

You can put that down, for me, having a "grey-haired" moment! If you watch his hands, particularly his picking hand, he holds it in a different manner, and I'll admit I was fooled...but it was early morning...no coffee yet...the sun was in my eyes... :unsure:

But so glad you are bonding with your new pedal! I'd love to hear your 'dreamscape' stuff! I really enjoy hearing other's creations and what the individual brings to playing! For me it's good for relaxing, meditating and just "clearing" out the cobwebs.

There's a radio station called WXPN here that has a show late night/early morning, hosted by a guy named John DiLiberto (check Sp.) the show is called "Echoes". I love it; trippy, spacey music, trance-like, hard to describe. I was driving home from a gig alone one foggy evening and listening to it...I fully expected to look in my rear view mirror and see something 'otherworldly' following me...

Brian

Hi Brian, thank you :) I'm glad I'm not the only one having a 'moment'. I too need a cup of coffee before making sense of anything, I'm like a zombie in the mornings. I too have noticed the unique style Andy has with his picking hand [thumbup]

Well I have really bonded with my Supernatural, this pedal does alot and it covers all the styles I like [thumbup]

definately going to check out the radio station. [thumbup]

Going to start recording some Ambient guitar soon, I will keep you posted :)

Just a note to let you know my Keeley Caverns pedal arrived on Monday & I got so excited with playing through it that I forgot to come back here and tell you how much I love it. I listened to all the sound clips posted on this one before I ordered it & like many modulation type pedals - none of the sound clips really did it justice. The reverb is HUGE and the delay coupled with it is to die for. When I initially sat down & plugged it in I was only going to check it out for about 30 minutes because I had some other things I wanted to get done that day - that turned into 3 hours of playing and feeling the waves of ambiance washing over me.

It really inspires me to create and to play with a decidedly different approach to some things I've been playing for a very long time. And that I think is the crux of what a really good pedal should do - inspire and expand your playing, your sound & keep what we all enjoy doing so much even more exciting than the day before. These are great days we're living in for gear folks & I'm loving every minute of it. :)

Just a note to let you know my Keeley Caverns pedal arrived on Monday & I got so excited with playing through it that I forgot to come back here and tell you how much I love it. I listened to all the sound clips posted on this one before I ordered it & like many modulation type pedals - none of the sound clips really did it justice. The reverb is HUGE and the delay coupled with it is to die for. When I initially sat down & plugged it in I was only going to check it out for about 30 minutes because I had some other things I wanted to get done that day - that turned into 3 hours of playing and feeling the waves of ambiance washing over me.

It really inspires me to create and to play with a decidedly different approach to some things I've been playing for a very long time. And that I think is the crux of what a really good pedal should do - inspire and expand your playing, your sound & keep what we all enjoy doing so much even more exciting than the day before. These are great days we're living in for gear folks & I'm loving every minute of it. :)

Hi RevDavidLee, congrats with your new pedal, glad you are having lots of fun and inspiration. [thumbup] That's what I noticed with my pedal, I've become more experimental with chords/scales/modes. I would never have thought that a pedal would have such an effect (excuse the pun) [blush]

Kind regards Emma :)

Archived